in need: Carbon Battery Tray

I really like the PhantoMount battery tray.

I bought their PhantoMount X2 wide gimbal for the Phantom, and the mount is almost identical, except the front is squared off.
I liked the looks of the battery tray better, so I drilled it to accept the gimbal. It works perfectly.

There is plenty of room to mount a video downlink transmitter too.

Hey aud how do you like your gimble was it worth it the one I have is not wide enough to fit the camera case on it so was kind of bummed so I have to run it naked nothing a night of heavy drinking can't make me forget :)

when you take into account that the GoPro housing weighs about 100 grams, and adds another piece of glass in front of the GoPro, going GoPro naked is more desirable!

Hey aud how do you like your gimble was it worth it the one I have is not wide enough to fit the camera case on it so was kind of bummed so I have to run it naked nothing a night of heavy drinking can't make me forget :)

Yes, I do like it. I want the extra protection the housing gives. The GoPro is too spendy to not protect it. I have a Blurfix
adapter, and Marumi ND4X filter on it too.

Note: I did modify my gimbal. I added a "back rest" to the bench the GoPro sits on. I then put double sided tape on the
back of the GoPro housing, so it is held firmly in place. Just make sure it is high enough to clear the latch mechanism on the GoPro housing.
I also have a "tether" from the housing mounting location to the carbon fiber gimbal mounting platform.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/you_gene_1/8687750564/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl