IN FPV HOW DO I MAKE A LAPTOP REPEAT WHAT IS ON THE LITTLE M

Reaction score
Hi All
OK, so now I hae progressed from a total newbie into something more adventurous.

I just tried out FPV... I had a bit of trouble with the vid Tx at first but now that is sorted out. Yesterday we set it all up for a test flight, but it was a very sunny day and the glare on the 7 in monitor was awful. So I gave up!

That eveneing I made out of cardboard a shroud, rather like the old radar sets had where you had to look through an eyepiese to see the screen.
Today, tried it out in more sun (Not flying, just bench testing) and the difference is amasing. But........becuase of one ting or another I really need to have a bigger monitor.

Now I know that you can ADD Goggles to the monitor so a second person can also see what is going on or even pilot the Phantom, so can I just find away of having a laptop. self powered much bigger screen, (I have one handy) to REPEAT what is on the little monitor.

I have read that it is impossible/ crashes will occur and so on..... but I am not making the laptop the primary controller. so can some kind person tell me how. A good friend on here tells me that I just need a Video Capture Device.. I see there are many available and not dear, but there is nothing to tell me how to connect it all up

So can some kind soul out there give me simple detailed instructions......PLEASE

cheers

M

Re: IN FPV HOW DO I MAKE A LAPTOP REPEAT WHAT IS ON THE LITT

If I understand the question properly, you can head to your local electronics store and get a "TV to USB" device for your laptop which accepts either a coaxial or composite input and should come with software to view the input onscreen. Would this work?

Thanks for the help// I will check that out.
I have a 12 inch laptop that I hope would be perfect for the job. If I cn connect it !!!
M

phantomoperator, would you mind letting us know what FPV set-up you are using with the monitor? FPV is great, but I don't think I want goggles, but I haven't decided on a monitor set-up yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20