In flight orientation...

Reaction score
How can you say which way is the drone facing only by using the DJI android app? I'm a new pilot and I'm afraid to let the drone go out of my sight. Of course there is RTH, but I just wanna have full manual control over my drone. Thanks for your time.

How can you say which way is the drone facing only by using the DJI android app?
Watch the radar display.
Stand behind the Phantom and turn your controller to left and right - see what the red paper plane icon does.
Fly your Phantom out a couple of hundred feet and turn the Phantom around 360 degrees while watching the radar.
Fly it across your view from your left to right or vice versa.
It's very easy to understand.
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

This is telling me that my Phantom is out at about 2 o'clock from the way I'm facing and it's facing out away from me.
It would be easy to turn it until it's pointing back to H (home) and fly it back to me without seeing it.

Watch the radar display.
Stand behind the Phantom and turn your controller to left and right - see what the red paper plane icon does.
Fly your Phantom out a couple of hundred feet and turn the Phantom around 360 degrees while watching the radar.
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

This is telling me that my Phantom is out at about 2 o'clock from the way I'm facing and it's facing out away from me.
It would be easy to turn it until it's pointing back to H (home) and fly it back to me without seeing it.
Hi um slightly diff problem,,had update p4 real slow even in sport mode,,gps mode even slower,,map icon says i was there but i was over somewhere else,,any ideas please,,and no knocks or crashs

Watch the radar display.
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

Let me see if I got it...
According to your picture if I turn myself so the red arrow (paper plane) comes back to 12 o'clock and then I push the right stick backwards the drone should fly back to my position...

Let me see if I got it...
According to your picture if I turn myself so the red arrow (paper plane) comes back to 12 o'clock and then I push the right stick backwards the drone should fly back to my position...
No .. you are standing at H for home.
Turn the drone so it's pointing towards you and push the stick forwards.
If you go to the park and play with it, it should all make sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan