In case you missed it on the Vision page

Ok I think I have to have that

I think it's perfect for OTB especially for beginners but there is functionality built in that I have planned to spend $$$ to add to mine and the battery life lol all by itself if true is reason enough

Pretty compelling if you ask me

Im happy to see the flight time improvements and the use of the light indicators. Im still unclear about the battery being "integrated".. I cant wait to see the specs on this one. It sounds like they have really packed a lot into it.

I was thinking a polished off phantom 1 with a Miami Vice color scheme and a Pez dispenser on the radio. I'm actually very impressed with what they did to it. No joke, they've raised the bar to a whole new RTF package. Wow.

My only concern is what appears to be some proprietary durables like the battery and props that DJI might think are made of gold. Although I'm sure the Chinese are licking their chops and ready to toss it into their Star Trek replicator. :mrgreen:

****. Now I gotta save and scrimp again. And our phantom 1's just got hit with another depreciation (first being price drop). Ugh.

Glockindahaus said:
Im happy to see the flight time improvements and the use of the light indicators. Im still unclear about the battery being "integrated"..

Yes, "integrated battery" is still unclear. If it means that a discharged battery can't be easily exchanged for a charged one in order to do a new flight then i'll pass the Vision. Right now i'm more interested in what will be the specs of Phantom 2.

Loppy said:
... And our phantom 1's just got hit with another depreciation (first being price drop). Ugh.

I was considering buying a cheap quadcopter to learn flying in manual mode and do flips and rolls, etc.
Now it's not worth it. A 3 months Phantom stripped of GoPro, OSD, FPV is cheaper or in the same price range than the options I was considering. IMO the F450 frames with KK2 and 1000Kv+ motors for 230 USD also took a hit...

As everyone mentioned here it looks like a great RTF but it now leaves you in the pockets of DJI for consumables. I believe the battery will be easily removeable but if it has a built in switch it will be a premium accessory and if sales go the way of the MK1 Phantom then spares will sell out so **** fast you will be waiting for months before you can get one.

My main worry is the flip to 5.8ghz for flight. I am sure it will work and being a broader band probably less interference but it leaves you with no option for TX upgrading unless DJI create an EzUHF style plug in box for Futaba/Spektrum etc (more cost). You could of course switch the RX out but then all your FPV kit will be running on the same 2.4ghz as flight.

Great product to get people into the hobby though (depending on cost of course!).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj