IMU Warning and slow warm up

Reaction score
Ever since the update on Monday I get an IMU warning. I've calibrated the IMU 3 times on a flat level surface. Each time I do it the numbers are perfect. Its take the P3 (pro) about 2-3 minutes for the warning to go away and "Warmed Up". What am I missing? what is the issue? Once its ready to fly its fine and will hold a spot perfect

I believe in order to minimize warm up you have to calibrate the IMU when the P3 is cooled down.

So wait a few hours when the P3 has cooled off do the IMU calibration again.

I think i read somewhere some members put the P3 in a fridge (without battery) and let it cool off faster but personally I would just wait out and let it cool off on its own.

Reactions: eseckinger
calibrate when the bird is cold. ie, put it in front of the AC for a few mins, then do the IMU calibration.

Yea, I've done that. I calibrated in the house at 72F, maybe thats not cool enough. But what am I missing? Each time I have done the calibration its fine, numbers are fine. Can you go thru the calibration process and it passes but its really not OK? That seems to be happening to mine? This only started on Monday with the latest update. What I don't understand if the IMU Calibration says its off or incorrect than it should be. But after waiting 2-3 minutes the message goes away and it fly's just fine

Thanks

bbfpv is correct, it really needs to be cold, take the battery out and put it in front of the AC for a while, I've even read people have put it in the refrigerator but I think that's a little overkill!

Yea, I've done that. I calibrated in the house at 72F, maybe thats not cool enough. But what am I missing? Each time I have done the calibration its fine, numbers are fine. Can you go thru the calibration process and it passes but its really not OK? That seems to be happening to mine? This only started on Monday with the latest update. What I don't understand if the IMU Calibration says its off or incorrect than it should be. But after waiting 2-3 minutes the message goes away and it fly's just fine

Thanks
Needs to be colder. Your warm up times should be in the seconds range, not mins. Cold IMU calibration allows the sensors to record a bigger range of data, which means it doesn't have to collect the data again each time the ambient temp changes when you start up outdoors. It works.

Thanks
on 1.1.9 I calibrated at AC room temp 72 degrees and everything was fine-- when I upgraded to 1.3.2 -- I did the same thing-- so now mine takes about 2 minutes to warm up before flight. Getting ready to go to 1.4.0 -- I think I will do it "Cold" this time.

OK, I get the part about being cool and I'll put it in the fridge. But why do I get a good calibration (?) only to have an error when first starting up

OK, I get the part about being cool and I'll put it in the fridge. But why do I get a good calibration (?) only to have an error when first starting up
Probably a bug. Ignore it unless it comes back after the cold IMU cal.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Just a quick follow up. I put the P3 Pro in the fridge for one, recalibrated the IMU and everything seems to be fine. No IMU error message on start up and the "Warm Up" message went away after 10-15 seconds. I did not realize the P3 has a little heater to warm up the sensors

The imu reacts to temperature when you calibrate. I placed mine in the fridge for 10 minutes and then calibrated. It warms up instantly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1