IMU warming up message HELP

Reaction score
My brother has P3S and right if the box it's been flying perfect. After I told him about the IMU calibration I did, he decided to do one also. His calibrated in about 3 minutes unlike mine that took closer to 8 minutes or 15 like I saw in a video. It's even flown fine after he upgraded to a better antenna for distance. I did the calibration in mine because it was taking over a minute to be ready to fly.
Ever since that he tells me that this message shows up in the small green banner in the top center of the screen "aircraft warming up". Then will display "ready to fly", it never showed this before I did the IMU calibration.
The bird is ready to fly in 15 to 20 seconds so he is only curious as to why it's displaying this after he did the calibration.

Could anyone help me out with a reason for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like he needs to do a cold IMU calibration.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Warming up message is a standard message, no need to worry. Sometimes that message appears for long and per my experience, IMU calibration reduces warming up message display time.

Reactions: mikecorn1
Have your controller setup and ready.

Stick the P3 in the fridge without the battery for 15 minutes then take it out immediately and place it on a perfectly level surface with the battery in.

Start it up and do an IMU calibration then right after a gimbal calibration. Once you get in the field or somewhere away from large metallic objects or strong magnetic fields do a compass calibration.

This time of year the fridge may not be needed. You could stick it outside for 15 minutes as well.

This issue came up last summer when people noticed longish warm up times. This was the solution per DJi support reps on RC Groups and it works tremendously well.

Reactions: Mako79

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers