IMU warming up issue

Reaction score
When I first turn on all my equipment on my IPhone or IPad it reads IMU warming up. At the top of the screen it states that the aircraft is warming up. Five minutes later it still says the same thing. I am in Southern California so I'm not in a cold climate by any means.

If I close down the DJI app and then reopen it, the message reads Ready to Fly. Any ideas on why it remains stuck on IMU warming up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the ways to get rid of this issue is to carryout IMU calibration on a perfectly leveled platform in cold condition.

Mine as well, running it with an iPad mini. I usually run a calibration check on it. And runs. But lately having the same issue and was wondering the same

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep -- do a cold IMU calibration. You can find more details in this video:

Just sit your Phantom in a cool location (e.g. outside) for 10 minutes or so. That should be easy to do since it's around 50 degrees where you're located.

Would using the wifes hairdryer on a cold air setting work also ? thanks for video msinger
I put a fan next to an A/C floor vent and let it blow cold air into the open (battery) end for 15 minutes or so. Don't need to put it in the freezer, but get it nice and cool.

My basement is usually cooler than the living space. I just put it on the floor for about 30 minutes. Got a spot all checked out so I can make sure that it is level too b fore doing the cal. Should go ahead and cal the gimbal afterwards too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20