IMU recalibrate

Reaction score
had my phantom for about a week and half now,i did the imu calibration when I first got it and it took ages to warm up before I got the flashing green lights, I was looking on youtube and found a video about imu calibration.in the video he said do the calibration when the phantom is cold. I put mine outside for 1/2 hour and did another sensor calibration when it was really cold. now the phantom is ready to fly in no time.. it really does work to do the calibration when cold.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
For anyone else reading along, the OP is referring to the IMU calibration. People have been doing this for quite some time now.

Reactions: lotusteve
For anyone else reading along, the OP is referring to the IMU calibration. People have been doing this for quite some time now.
changed to imu, thanks msinger.. I cant change the title though.

Click "Thread Tools" at the top, right of your original post.

Reactions: lotusteve
had my phantom for about a week and half now,i did the imu calibration when I first got it and it took ages to warm up before I got the flashing green lights, I was looking on youtube and found a video about imu calibration.in the video he said do the calibration when the phantom is cold. I put mine outside for 1/2 hour and did another sensor calibration when it was really cold. now the phantom is ready to fly in no time.. it really does work to do the calibration when cold.

I've just done a cold IMU calibration, I used some ice packs wrapped in a towel & laid it on the top for about 1/2 hr . Now its up & flying in less than a minute, instead of nearly 2 MINUTES (HAPPY DAYS)

took a hanger and some string and dangled mine from the AC vent :)

50 degree air blowing right on the drone :) it was ice cold. I went from like 3 minutes waiting to, instantly ready

What will the wife say, when she opened the ice box and was greeted by, ATTI Mode ATTI Mode...?? Hahaha

Chilled drone for dinner ok, honey?

Take the intelligent flight battery out, while bringing down her ambient temperature....

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik