Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IMU Orientation Change? Correct for GS Yaw Functionality

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by cashaau, Dec 22, 2014.

1. cashaau

New to the forum here... All help is appreciated.

I am interested in changing the yaw (right 90°) so when flying between waypoints in Ground Station, the GoPro on the 3D gimbal will always be pointing 90° to the flight path. As far as I have researched, GS does not have this functionality. Thus, correct me if I am wrong, if I change the software IMU orientation of the Naza M, this will trick the copter to facing right while flying. OR any help on getting Yaw 90° between waypoints will be helpful.

Thanks - CASHAAU

2. Mako79

Sounds complicated.

This sounds dumb... but maybe try mounting the gopro 90 degrees sideways, I'm sure the dampeners line up, but you may need a longer cable for the H3-3D. You can always relocate the anti-interference board and purchase the "part 3" cables for $10.
    Try with the landing skids on. If it works and the landing skids is in the footage, remove the offending landing skid.
    Then grab a mate and help you launch and catch land with the remaining landing skid.

It may not work because the yaw system talks to the IMU so the horizon may tilt a little.

3. SteveMann

Welcome to the forum.
    What you describe is often requested, basically the ability to fly 'course lock' in MP, but we're still waiting.

4. cashaau

Thanks everyone. This is what I figured...