IMU Calibration - OK To Do It Here?

Reaction score
Just got my P2 NV back from DJI and I want to do a calibration on my kitchen counter.
It is level but will have either wiring, dishwasher or pot and pans under it.
Any issues with that?

The other option is the pool table but it is on concrete with rebar. Any issues there?

From what I recall reading those are only an issue with the compass cal.

Thanks!

Marlin009 said:
Just got my P2 NV back from DJI and I want to do a calibration on my kitchen counter.
It is level but will have either wiring, dishwasher or pot and pans under it.
Any issues with that?

The other option is the pool table but it is on concrete with rebar. Any issues there?

From what I recall reading those are only an issue with the compass cal.

Thanks!

Calibrating the IMU on the kitchen counter shouldn't be a problem at all.

I do mine on a counter top I have which is over my computer and right by a lamp and monitor and all kinds of wires around the wall . I have never had any issues doing one and really don't know of anyplace you could do it without something being there .

Thanks Jason.

dirkclod said:
I do mine on a counter top I have which is over my computer and right by a lamp and monitor and all kinds of wires around the wall . I have never had any issues doing one and really don't know of anyplace you could do it without something being there .

It's the same place I did it when I got it and it was OK.

Just wanted to make sure, thanks. :cool:

dirkclod said:
Glad ya got it back !! Had time to fly it yet ?

Thanks. Not yet. I think I'm going to pop the top to see what they did first. Maybe tomorrow.

dirkclod said:
Hope ya the best !! ;)

Thanks Larry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, the compass calibration, before flight, should be outdoors, when you are ready to take off! I'm fairly sure that you know this, but I felt that I should mention it.

But, I also feel that if I hadn't become disabled and if I sold a stock, when I should have, my 401K would be worth a million. But, God had other plans for me. Because of the major miracles, that allowed me to help others and cure them, I wouldn't go back!

Though I didn't need it, that night when I saw a small cloud coming down to me, I said: "God, if this is you, please give me a sign. With that, without taking my eyes off of the cloud, I reached over and opened it up.

When I awoke, I looked at the bible and boy did He prove that it was Him.

Note: Mods, I know this is OT, but please allow it or move it to Off Topic. When I feel compelled to share, there is always at least one who needs to hear this. Anyone, if you wish, msg me for the full story.

Edit: I should share that when I saw the cloud, I freaked out and turned the lights off - no cloud. I read the bible for three hours until I decided I would have to go to sleep at sometime before I died! Lights off, there it was, right where it left off. I wanted you all to know that I wasn't THAT brave!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik