IMU calibration not working

Reaction score
Hi,
Am new to phantom drones, have purchased the phantom 4 and upgraded firmware etc. Read you need to recalibrate the IMU etc. When doing this the cal runs but the 0% does not change and after five to ten minutes it says n/a. I hear a slight clicking noise or like a moth fluttering when the drone is on since doing this or updating firmware tonight. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Hugh

Got it working by switching from iPad to iPhone. When I went back to iPad gimble was disconnected so no picture! Had to reboot iPad to get dgi go to work. Still have the ticking noise though.

Ticking noise is normal, ultrasonic operation

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Hugh,

So how's your bird doing? All set up and flying already?

If not, please check for the latest firmware of your aircraft and version of your Go App. Update everything then calibrate IMU and compass. The latest updates seem to go well with other P4 pilots.

Best wishes.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. P4 all set up with latest firmware and taking it out for first flight tomorrow. If it's as easy to fly as the simulator..... All should be good.
Cheers,
Hugh

I don't know why people mess with the IMU after updates. I have never had to do IMU with any of my Phantoms. Look at the readings in the app before each flight and if it tells you to, go for it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj