IMU Calibration - Is This Level Enough

It would be a good idea to get a piece of wood approximately 15' x 12' and place the drone on that. Then get a digital bubble level app free from the playstore. It has the bubble for viewing, but it also shows you the digital x y coordinates. Then use paper to raise each side of the wood piece until you are very, very close and then you know you are level regardless of your home, or desk leveling. I was able to get mine to 0.0 on the x axis and 0.2 on the y axis. Best I could do. Haha, but that is **** close.

Reactions: bobomet
Why not just put a few sheets of paper under the landing gear to get it completely level? Or, better yet, under your table -- or whatever you're using.
Thats what I always do. Just use paper under the gear to make it level.

I also used the concrete floor approach. My garage has a nice polished floor. Lots of flights on 2 different P3. No problems.

Your fine with that. Looks good. Doing masonary for 30 years. Using levels. Flying for 35. Most errors are pilot error any way. Good your checking your flight list

Reactions: bobomet
> The guys that installed the granite on the kitchen island had better levels than I do. I use that

Today I calibrated the IMU and the gimbal. I had to put several magazines beneath our kitchen table legs. I used a long spirit level.

Attachments

• W_Build_12_Tower-of-Pisa-3.9-Degrees.jpg
    W_Build_12_Tower-of-Pisa-3.9-Degrees.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 237
I think it's more important that you don't move it around when you do the calibration. I figure my floor is level enough, but that just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20