IMU Calibration failure - 22

Guys, when calibrating the IMU and turning the Phantom to its sides, can you hear it start vibrating more than otherwise?

In my case it's gimbal that starts vibrating when leaned to one of the sides...

I've got the same problem. Go4 told me to do an IMU calibration and I can't get IMU 1 to do anything other than a -22 error.
Not tried any solutions from above yet as I'm on my CAA course!!!!

Read above, replace it under warranty.
Read Zzz comment above,
"Was supposed to RMA it today but got a call from my supplier and he told me they just received an update about the whole IMU situation. Apparently there will be a new FW out come Monday which should fix this issue."

if there going to fix it via firmware somethings wrong . Period.

Read Zzz comment above,
"Was supposed to RMA it today but got a call from my supplier and he told me they just received an update about the whole IMU situation. Apparently there will be a new FW out come Monday which should fix this issue."

if there going to fix it via firmware somethings wrong . Period.
You think they're just going to camouflage it, while not realy fixing the problem?

No not at all I received the IMU pop up also but the forum member I was replying to with your quote was sounding very fanboyish saying saying people are doing it unnecessarily and because his didn't receive the pop up nothing wrong with the P4P, that's all and thank you for going thru the effort of contacting DJI on this matter .

Reactions: Zzz
No not at all I received the IMU pop up also but the forum member I was replying to with your quote was sounding very fanboyish saying saying people are doing it unnecessarily and because his didn't receive the pop up nothing wrong with the P4P, that's all and thank you for going thru the effort of contacting DJI on this matter .
I'm not a fan boy and I wasn't implying that there was nothing wrong with specific individual units, rather that the mass hysteria wasn't needed. I stated repeatedly, if you open up your brand new Phantom and it immediately says it needs an IMU calibration, it should be returned rather than one going through the steps. If it happens a year from now after warranty, sure go for it. But the IMU should NOT need calibration, especially out of the box... If I buy something and it doesn't work, I take it back.

what happens to the imu when it is being shipped and banged around coming from china?

Considering my track super bike has an IMU (inertial measurement unit) and it never has to be calibrated, I would think these wouldn't either.

Last edited:
This sucks for the guys that have had this happen at start up! Mine updated everything and went flawless last night. Flew it today and just freaking love it! I prob calibrated my IMU's on my reg P4 3-4 times over last 8 months without issue ever. Always heard and thought it was to help with handling and gimble help as well. lol. Now were not supposed to ever do it unless it says to or it is faulty if it does it?

This sucks for the guys that have had this happen at start up! Mine updated everything and went flawless last night. Flew it today and just freaking love it! I prob calibrated my IMU's on my reg P4 3-4 times over last 8 months without issue ever. Always heard and thought it was to help with handling and gimble help as well. lol. Now were not supposed to ever do it unless it says to or it is faulty if it does it?
That's what the manual says.

I talked to DJI yesterday and asked them about the imu calabration problem.
he said the A/C is getting to warm for the calabration to work.
he said that if you get the 22 warning to shut everything down and let he A/C cool down and that start f
rom the beginning and do it all over again.

I have read that there is to be a firmware release on Monday to correct the calibration problems, has anybody else heard this?

I have read that there is to be a firmware release on Monday to correct the calibration problems, has anybody else heard this?
Yes sir, that's what I was told... and as a matter of fact, firmware has just been released 15 minutes ago and supposedly "fixes" the IMU problem.

Reactions: DJIRICH
I've installed new firmware and run the IMU calibration again with success! Looks like its sorted now with this update.

Time for a maiden!

I've installed new firmware and run the IMU calibration again with success! Looks like its sorted now with this update.

Time for a maiden!

New firmware came out already?

New firmware came out already?

It sure did, released about an hour or so ago!

From DJI Support on FB
New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V01.01.0203

What’s New?
Fixed an issue of some settings not being reset after resetting camera settings.
Fixed color deviations when shooting at a high ISO value.
Fixed a rare issue where a black image is saved instead of a photo.
Fixed an occasional IMU calibration failure issue for the aircraft.
Reduced aircraft vibration during light-throttle take-off.

It sure did, released about an hour or so ago!

From DJI Support on FB
New firmware for Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ V01.01.0203

What’s New?
Fixed an issue of some settings not being reset after resetting camera settings.
Fixed color deviations when shooting at a high ISO value.
Fixed a rare issue where a black image is saved instead of a photo.
Fixed an occasional IMU calibration failure issue for the aircraft.
Reduced aircraft vibration during light-throttle take-off.
Cool, thanks for the heads up

I just done the latest 9/12/16 update and performed an IMU still failed!!!! Just joking lads :) it worked perfectly first time :):):):):):)

Reactions: DJIRICH
I just done the latest 9/12/16 update and performed an IMU still failed!!!! Just joking lads :) it worked perfectly first time :):):):):):)

haha, when I read that first bit you almost had me! ;) Glad it's working now, I took mine out this evening and put 4 batteries through it since successful calibration. Its working well so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.