IMU Calibration Error

Reaction score
Please help. My Phantom 3 4K has an IMU Calibration Error that will not go away.

I have done the following:
1. Deleted my DJI app and uploaded it again.
2. Updated my firmware.
3. Turned off the drone, gone to the sensors page on the app, then started the drone, click "calibration" on the app, and it says calibration is in progress, but no coordinates change, and the calibration NEVER occurs.

Background:
I've only had my drone for a few months, flown it about five times and never crashed. One time I was taking off the ground, and there were a few high weeds nearby. When started, the drone caught a high weed and knocked over on its side, but I flew it since the, and it was totally fine.

One question, when the IMU Calibration is taking place, does there need to be satellite reception? My understanding is that the IMU Calibration is all about making sure the craft flies level.

Again, please help!

I'm no expert on this, but I've heard that you should cool down your drone before IMU calibration, I mean really cool it down, like in the refrigerator! Don't go to the sensors page on the app first. Just turn everything on as if you were going to fly. Cool the drone, turn on the drone then go to the IMU calibration on the GO app. Make absolutely sure the drone is on a flat level surface and there is no chance of vibration or shaking or any kind of movement during calibration. Even a big truck rumbling by can throw off the calibration.

You do not need satellite reception during an IMU calibration.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
When you do a cold imu calibration have your go app already set up with the imu calibration screen on. As soon as you take the drone out of the fridge put battery in, turn it on and touch calibrate imu right away before drone gets a chance to warm up. By doing the cold calibration you are eliminating the aircraft warming up process. Also do a gimbal calibration. Do a compass calibration outdoors away from anything that has metal in, like sidewalks, driveways, underground metal pipes etc because anything metal will affect a correct compass calibration. Make very sure you are using a level surface to do the imu calibration. I use a small level and go from top of motor left to right then front to back. Or just make sure the surface you are using is level in all directions!!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj