Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

IMU Calibration Error

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by hawkeye62, Apr 9, 2016.

1. hawkeye62

OK, I tried on a level desktop per rockydog's advice. The IMU calibrate either doesn't start or it stalls at 2% complete. Any advice?

Thanks, Jim

I had a minor crash with my P3A. Fell about 4 feet to the ground after hitting a post during manual landing in a tight area. Two props broken. No other signs of damage. However, when I go through the normal startup procedure, it shows an IMU error and requires an IMU calibration. The IMU calibration stalls at 2% complete and a message appears that says unknown calibration error. I am not sure what sort of location I need to be in to do an IMU calibration. Can I do it indoors on my desk or should it be done in an open area like where I do a compass calibration? Also, any idea why the IMU calibration should fail?

DJI GO ver 2.7.2, AC ver 1.8.80, RC ver 1.60, Android ver 5.1.1

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Jim

#1 hawkeye62, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. rockydog

You can do it anywhere....but must be on a dead level surface for good result.

3. Trackman1

Some people have had success by giving the bird a sharp rap on the opposite side from crash impact.
    Then they are able to complete IMU calibration. I have never tried it. Only read about it.
    Google "NO MC DATA-ACCELEROMETER FAILED"

Oso likes this.
  4. Kevin Shuck

Any fix? Just got mine today and fails at 2% every time.

5. RedHotPoker

Never had a serious crash, or any IMU calibration issues to date.
    One thing that often gets overlooked, is to cool down the drone before beginning your IMU calibration. I have placed mine outside in the eagle morning before dawn, or on occasion put it inside the frost free fridge for 15-20 minutes before beginning. But the cold IMU calibration, for me, has been mostly to greatly reduce the initial IMU warmup upon startup. For others it had also helped many correct a crooked horizon issue. When you are ready to begin, replace a warm battery in the chilled drone, and have the IMU calibration page open and ready when you turn the drone on, begin. I always do a fresh gimbal calibration right after.
    Whether either of yours @Kevin Shuck or @hawkeye62, will finish the IMU calibration while chilled is only a calibrated guess. ;-) But please give it a try and see if it will kick in and finish the process for you.

RedHotPoker