IMU bird not connecting

Reaction score
Trying to calibrate my IMU but bird will not connect.
I am indoors does that make a difference having metal around me

So you cant see the what the camera sees? No FPV?
Check your cable first and make sure you cant talk to the phantom. Try another USB if you have to.
When you can see what the camera is seeing, then you can do an IMU calibration.

And a side note...
IMU and compass are separate.
IMU can be done anywhere with a levelled surface. Compass MUST be done outside, far from any metals. I usually do mine at a park.

Earlier I connected the bird and IMU said no calibration needed I go out in the field and it won't connect to the bird at all I come home and it will connect so I'm doing the calibration now

You would think DJI would be on top of this firmware update and take care of the issues

You would think DJI would be on top of this firmware update and take care of the issues
Well, if you have been reading the posts on this forum for the past 5 months, you wouldn't think that, although DJI's response to issues have been improving this past couple of weeks-- FW upgrades have been a continuing and ongoing problem for some and no issue for others. Of course you seldom hear from those who have no issues.

So I can tell you from experience, that the few issues, I have had, have been products of my not reading and following the instructions to a tee. When I did, the FW upgrades went without a hitch.

I didn't do every upgrade when they came out, but waited for others to see what issues they were having. But now I am on 1.3.2 on the Controller and 1.4.1 on the Phantom and 8.4 on the Ipad and I have no issues.

There are those that upgraded, to 1.2.6 or 1.2.8 that had valid issues that those upgrades caused. And some upgraded to 1.3.2 and had valid issues. DJI did produce a revert to 1.1.9 for those having issues. Just hang in there, things are getting better.

Thanks but when you listen and follow everything you get kind of tired when you drive out to a location so you are not by anyone to practice and the bird does not connect then you drive home. Then you start all over agin reading everyone's post and calibrate your gimbal and then calibrate your IMU and it connects and you get a good connection and go back out to your spot away from everyone and does the same thing. So you state all what you want there is issues and each bird is different because of a lot of factors. Example being close to metal or electrical interference.

Thanks but when you listen and follow everything you get kind of tired when you drive out to a location so you are not by anyone to practice and the bird does not connect then you drive home. Then you start all over agin reading everyone's post and calibrate your gimbal and then calibrate your IMU and it connects and you get a good connection and go back out to your spot away from everyone and does the same thing. So you state all what you want there is issues and each bird is different because of a lot of factors. Example being close to metal or electrical interference.
I have never had a connection issue being close to metal or interference-- compass error yes-- no connection -- no -- there must be another issue-- maybe internal.

I know one of my first lesson was to be sure to power up the remote first, before bird! Simple, but crucial.

Reactions: bobmyers
I know one of my first lesson was to be sure to power up the remote first, before bird! Simple, but crucial.
That could be the issue, but probably is not. That is a general radio control practice that have been in use for years. With electric RC airplanes, motors will sometimes activate when the plane is powered up before the Transmitter. That is very dangerous and has caused some serious injuries in the electric model plane hobby. To date, that scenario has not been prevalent with the Phantom. Powering the Phantom first has not caused this issue that I am aware of.. I have accidently powered mine on a couple of times- before the transmitter and I did get a connection upon powering the transmitter on and the Phantom motors did not start on their own. When I did do that, I immediately recyle the start up in the proper order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers