IMU and Gimbal Calibration Question

Reaction score
So last night I decided to check the IMU calibration and the app told me "Calibration Not Required". Since I just updated the firmware, and based on some of the recommendations here, I went ahead and did a recalibration of the IMU and the Gimbal. Everything went fine, however, I got a compass warning on interference. Since I was calibrating in the kitchen on a counter top, I went outside and calibrated the compass. I figured I was getting interference from some of the appliances. I had to do it a couple of times (to include shutting everything off a couple of times and restarting) before I got the "Safe to Fly" and GPS/Homepoint Lock. Is this something I should worry about?

So last night I decided to check the IMU calibration and the app told me "Calibration Not Required". Since I just updated the firmware, and based on some of the recommendations here, I went ahead and did a recalibration of the IMU and the Gimbal. Everything went fine, however, I got a compass warning on interference. Since I was calibrating in the kitchen on a counter top, I went outside and calibrated the compass. I figured I was getting interference from some of the appliances. I had to do it a couple of times (to include shutting everything off a couple of times and restarting) before I got the "Safe to Fly" and GPS/Homepoint Lock. Is this something I should worry about?
No, not if the compass calibration was successful. Anytime you do a compass calibration and there in metal close to the compass sensor, you will get that error or message
Happen to me also on my work bench -- after I finished the IMU after this last upgrade-- had to move it off the bench and recalibrate.

No, not if the compass calibration was successful. Anytime you do a compass calibration and there in metal close to the compass sensor, you will get that error or message
Happen to me also on my work bench -- after I finished the IMU after this last upgrade-- had to move it off the bench and recalibrate.
That is what I was hoping somebody would say. Appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic