Improving FPV Range in Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hello, All.

Coming from the world of RC helis, this is a blast! Have about 20 flights and no issues whatsoever. Lots of fun.

I can get about 600 - 800 ft range at about 100 ft altitude before I loose FPV connection, which is a bit short of DJI's 300m claim, but to be expected. Any tweeks you can recommend to improve FPV range on my Phantom 2 vision (stock setup)?

Thanks!

Mariog7 said:
Hello, All.

Coming from the world of RC helis, this is a blast! Have about 20 flights and no issues whatsoever. Lots of fun.

I can get about 600 - 800 ft range at about 100 ft altitude before I loose FPV connection, which is a bit short of DJI's 300m claim, but to be expected. Any tweeks you can recommend to improve FPV range on my Phantom 2 vision (stock setup)?

Thanks!
You can buy the range extender of the vision plus (RE 700)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22318&hilit=Re700

Make sure you have LOS to the aircraft. Choose flight paths carefully avoiding competing radio frequencies and interference.
Make sure you have fully charged batteries to start every session.
Orient your antennae to the aircraft, perpendicular.

I added a 9dbi antenna to the extender and now get a solid 1300 to 1400ft. Used to get about 800 ft before the signal started to break up. I have a spare antenna with sp-sma cable (both brand new). You can have it at cost price if you want. £15 plus postage,assuming your in UK?

There are a ton of threads, here, that'll likely interest you. ;)

Here's one of the latest:
viewtopic.php?t=9092

Just remember that, without modding, a Phantom's tx operates at 5.8GHz and it's video link operates at 2.4GHz. This is important because it's the exact opposite of how most other manufacturers do it, and you'll need to buy antennas accordingly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik