improving FPV and RC ranges

Reaction score
I have already modified my controller with the FPVLR antenna modification with good success. I've seen videos where the bird's antennas are modified. Are these antennas the WiFi FPV and GPS? Is one of them for the RC?

Would modifying these antennas improve video and control ranges? Thanks.

What kind of distance are you getting right now before modding the antenna on the quad itself? Are you maintain wining control but loosing FPV video or vise versa.

I loose FPV before I lose RC. I want to improve that one, which I believe is the 2.4Ghz signal. I've gotten about 3500 feet up. I might get more. I would like to reliably get 1 mile.

I hope you are not in the U.S. and going 3500 ft up. Definitely in commercial airspace. Depends on the model of Phantom you have. For the Phantom 2 and vison + the RC is 5.8 ghz and the video is 2.4 ghz. In the bird there are duel connections for the video from the wifi module and the birds Tx has two antenna. One set is in the legs of the landing gear and the other are located in the battery compartment one on each side which are the wifi antenna for video.

I plan on going to the beach and would like to fly over the ocean past a mile. Would adding clover-leaf antenna to the bird improve the distance? The FPVL stage 4 appears to use amplifiers. Would this improve the FPV and RC?

My stock 1.1.1 tx reached past a mile at an empty farm field. You really just have to make sure your antenna is horizontal not vertical. Having the antenna with this orientation is similar as a high gain antenna because your transmission projection is EXTREMELY narrow, so you have to be directly facing the quad. My vid feed was static free, I used airblade antennas. On youtube, do some research on how rc antennas work and you'll see what I mean. I didnt really believe it at first until I tried it myself. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav