IMPORTANT for the New Firmware v1.4.0010

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
The New App and Firmware
App 2.1.0 DJI GO Andriod
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010

2015-09-07

With all the New Options everyone is going to want to play with right off.

PLEASE Remove Your Props when you start looking around the new options!
I don't want to see Garage Fly away's.

From One of our Resident Beta Testers! FlyNFrank
<a href="New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions | Page 4 | DJI Phantom Forum">New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions</a>

Last edited:
Hey everyone!
The New App and Firmware
App 2.1.0 DJI GO Andriod
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010

2015-09-07

With all the New Options everyone is going to want to play with right off.

PLEASE Remove Your Props when you start looking around the new options!
I don't want to see Garage Fly away's.

From One of our Resident Beta Testers! FlyNFrank
<a href="New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions | Page 4 | DJI Phantom Forum">New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions</a>
Too bad they don't work. At least not with an Android.

What's up Bob? Need help? They work fine...

Gonna take a guess...your not seeing the options menu?
Let us know we would love to help you.
I uploaded the new firmware when it came out on the 7th, then updated the DJI app for my Android. At first, a new icon appeared to the left of the "Ready to fly GPS." This allowed me to set the home point, and when I flew in F mode, the bird went where I pushed the stick. Nice. Two days later, the icon disappeared and home point no longer works. When I switch to F I get a message to launch and try again, but it doesn't help. I never did have the option of "follow me" or any of the others. I have been assuming this simply does not work with an Android, and have had a couple of others on the forum say as much.

Your assumption is incorrect.
The new features work fine with Android tablets.
Your problem is something else.
Ok, thanks. I have no idea how to approach this, though. So far, I just have to accept that what I have is all I will get, and live with it.

Ok, thanks. I have no idea how to approach this, though. So far, I just have to accept that what I have is all I will get, and live with it.
Try to uninstall the go app and delete the folder "dji.pilot" located on the devices sdcard.....navigate to sdcard /Android /data/ dji.pilot and delete the folder.....restart device then re-install the Go App and give it a shot then.

Bob also please stay with us... We will get you 100% k?

Did you enable multiple flight mode?
Could you also let us know your level of experience please, this way we don't sound like we are talking down to you experience wise. Thanks

Balls in you're court now...keep coming back to see new support questions.

Last edited:
Try to uninstall the go app and delete the folder "dji.pilot" located on the devices sdcard.....navigate to sdcard /Android /data/ dji.pilot and delete the folder.....restart device then re-install the Go App and give it a shot then.
Thanks! Didn't think of sdcard. Have not yet figured out how to get to it and delete the folder.

fyi about self and exp. I have been flying a F-40, with gopro, for nearly a year with good results. I have a small real estate photography business (on the west coast of Washington state) and folks love the aerial shots. I am not real high end, just a semi-retired guy who loves technology. The P3 is head-and-shoulders above the P1 and I love it. I fly quite conservatively as I can't afford to lose my investment. I also fly near a lot of sensitive land, wildlife refuge etc. and have to be careful. I especially liked the home lock as I have flown to the edge of visibility and been lucky to maintain orientation to get it back. I have also been flying R/C aircraft for 40 years, so that helps.

Again thanks, and I will try and figure out how to delete that folder before reloading the app.

Reactions: envisionabove
Thanks! Didn't think of sdcard. Have not yet figured out how to get to it and delete the folder.

fyi about self and exp. I have been flying a F-40, with gopro, for nearly a year with good results. I have a small real estate photography business (on the west coast of Washington state) and folks love the aerial shots. I am not real high end, just a semi-retired guy who loves technology. The P3 is head-and-shoulders above the P1 and I love it. I fly quite conservatively as I can't afford to lose my investment. I also fly near a lot of sensitive land, wildlife refuge etc. and have to be careful. I especially liked the home lock as I have flown to the edge of visibility and been lucky to maintain orientation to get it back. I have also been flying R/C aircraft for 40 years, so that helps.

Again thanks, and I will try and figure out how to delete that folder before reloading the app.
Use the built in file explorer and check internal sdcard for folder named DJI.....delete that after uninstalling the Go App.
Screenshot_2015-09-17-09-29-48-1.jpg

YOU not only have to launch and be in the air before it will even let you go in to any of the new modes but you also need to be so many feet away from the home point also.
Tho I have no dam ideal why they did it that way.

I am not able to find anything that looks like this on my phone. I go to settings and it is not there. But I did remove the app.
Look for an app in the app drawer "My Files" or "File Manager" or if you don't see anything like that download ESFile Explorer from the android market and use that app.

It's not in "settings"...most (not all) Android devices have some sort of "file manager" app. If yours doesn't have one, just download the free "esFile Manager" from the play store. It works kind of like "explorer" in Windows. You have to navigate to the SDcard then find the correct folders as stated above...I personally have had some issues with the DJI Go app. I find that after every four or five flights, the app gets so choppy and laggy from residual data build-up that I have to completely "factory reset" the tablet for it to work again. I tried killing all the background apps, tried re-installing the DJI Go app, tried removing all the "bloat ware" etc...nothing worked except completely resetting my tablet back to "factory" conditions. Good luck... :)

It's not in "settings"...most (not all) Android devices have some sort of "file manager" app. If yours doesn't have one, just download the free "esFile Manager" from the play store. It works kind of like "explorer" in Windows. You have to navigate to the SDcard then find the correct folders as stated above...I personally have had some issues with the DJI Go app. I find that after every four or five flights, the app gets so choppy and laggy from residual data build-up that I have to completely "factory reset" the tablet for it to work again. I tried killing all the background apps, tried re-installing the DJI Go app, tried removing all the "bloat ware" etc...nothing worked except completely resetting my tablet back to "factory" conditions. Good luck... :)
Have you tried "Rolling back" the Google Play Services app? or as of lately I've read that the latest and greatest version (8.1.1.5) is also working well......

Yeah, I tried that a while ago...its not the google apps. When you "factory reset" the tablet, it goes back to the google app version that came installed on the tablet (they're different, depending on what Android version you're running, mine is 5.0.1) Once the tablet is reset, I just turn off the "auto app update" feature before I connect it to my wi-fi, that way NONE of the google apps get updated. I have a tablet that is strictly dedicated to my P3P, so I don't install anything on it except the DJI Go app. Even with it completely stripped down of any other apps, it still gets choppy and laggy after every four or five flights. I am a network engineer, and I have seen other PC and Mac apps/programs that suffer from "residual data build-up"...I cannot GUARANTEE that this is the issue with DJI Go, but the symptoms are the same. The solution is the same also, reset everything and re-install :)

FYI - I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4A 8.0" tablet

Got it! Thanks. Will try the app again and let you know.
Ok, re-loaded the DJI app and it doesn't work at all now. I get "no signal" and mode is not available. The phone no longer connects to the bird. I cycled through everything a few times, and nothing.

Yeah, I tried that a while ago...its not the google apps. When you "factory reset" the tablet, it goes back to the google app version that came installed on the tablet (they're different, depending on what Android version you're running, mine is 5.0.1) Once the tablet is reset, I just turn off the "auto app update" feature before I connect it to my wi-fi, that way NONE of the google apps get updated. I have a tablet that is strictly dedicated to my P3P, so I don't install anything on it except the DJI Go app. Even with it completely stripped down of any other apps, it still gets choppy and laggy after every four or five flights. I am a network engineer, and I have seen other PC and Mac apps/programs that suffer from "residual data build-up"...I cannot GUARANTEE that this is the issue with DJI Go, but the symptoms are the same. The solution is the same also, reset everything and re-install :)

FYI - I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4A 8.0" tablet
I hear ya, that sucks but at least you found a work-around. I use the Tab S 8.4 wifi and like you it's strictly for my P3P. I'm running a custom 5.0.1 touchwiz rom, have you looked into running any custom roms? For a device with just 1.5gb ram I bet a CyanogenMod or AOSP rom on that device could provide a better experience, unless (like me) you enjoy the Samsung implementations. Btw (if you have a compatible tv) you can screen-mirror from the tablet to your led-tv (while flying at home) just for s#&ts and giggles!

I have screen mirroring on my Sharp 60" LED, if I stand in my front yard it works okay, once I get more than 30' from the TV it crashes and locks up the tablet :( I never thought of trying a custom ROM, that's actually a good idea. I have used cyanogen before on my old Droid X2 and on one of my other Galaxy S3's, but once Samsung started using that stupid KNOX crap on everything it became too much of a headache to keep re-rooting every time Samsung pushed out an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers