Important Accessories

Reactions: bobmyers
Prop guards are for women and children [emoji1]!
I only see the use of prop guards if you are flying indoor.
Or if you are a beginner who hasn't really flown a quad before. But then you shouldn't be flying a Phantom if you have no prior experience flying a quad, should start out with a cheaper learner quad e.g. Syma X5C-1, because you WILL crash it.

Lol sorry Bob here in the uk we have to display learner plates on a car while your learning to drive [emoji4]

Why should we be ashamed of using prop guards if we are not confident of flying and why should we need to show off that we are experienced? Who cares? You should enjoy flying it, don't bother how others think. You have spent money and not them. Do what you feel is right for you.

One might need prop guards for landing on uneven surfaces or flying close to the objects or identifying the forward direction without looking at the radar.

tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif Great question:cool:

Prop guards are for women and children [emoji1]!
Prop guards took the brunt of my fall from 30 feet up and as a result I only lost 2 carbon fiber props, 1 prop guard, a tear in my decal, and minor damage to a body clip. I like the quick release guards, makes packing and toting a breeze.

Prop guards took the brunt of my fall from 30 feet up and as a result I only lost 2 carbon fiber props, 1 prop guard, a tear in my decal, and minor damage to a body clip. I like the quick release guards, makes packing and toting a breeze.
They do have a purpose, especially until one comes very proficient in flying and not running into things

I can debate that. I fell from 50feet with no prop guards and none of the props have been damaged and body was still in one piece.

prop guards good if you are flying between trees and where there are so many walls etc. but in open field, pilot should know the capabilities of its drone. prop guards cannot protect your drone in fact it increases your vulnerability as your responses go slower and body getting getting wider.

I bought a hard carry case for a P2V, bloody heavy carrying it around. Then I bought a cheap £20 bag from China for my v+. I'm still using it about 18 months later. Lightweight, everything fits in, you can add slots for memory sticks etc. I wouldn't bother buying a $300 case.

I totally agree. I bought the expensive DJI hardshell backpack. It's frustrating because it can't adapt to accessories. Wish I would have bought a regular backpack with a foam insert or something with pockets to add all the extras on. Too often I forget something because it won't fit in the DJI case.

If I have to explain it, then yes maybe you should be using prop guards!

Prop guards are good if you accidentally bump into something and your drone tumbles. You will probably use them less than you think flying in open spaces. If you get them, make sure you get the kind that snap on/off. The DJI ones require you to spend 20min screwing them all on/off every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic