Important Accessories

Another Item I purchased after comparing to a carbon fiber protector was a nice abs plastic 3d printed protector is available at Carolina Drones. It had a factory appearance and is very strong and looks nice on the Phantom. It mounts securely and can also be zip tied to provide extra security.

Phantom 3 Bottom Gimbal Protector

Screen_Shot_2015-07-12_at_11.49.22_AM_large.png

Seen in this Photo attached to my Phantom 3
IMG_0246.JPG

If you want to control and lower your cameras shutter speed and don't want to spend $60 - $150 on a complete set you can purchase them individually from several ebay sellers. here is one that fits the Phantom 3, It is a ND 16 and is a Great value for under $14.00.
Neewer for DJI Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced Neutral Density ND16 Filter
s-l1600.jpg

ND 8 On Ebay
Advanced FPV Camera Neutral Density ND8 Lens Filter Pro for DJI Phantom 3 RC154

Nd 4 On Ebay
Advanced FPV Camera Neutral Density ND4 Lens Filter Pro for DJI Phantom 3 RC153

Update: I received my Tablet mount today from an Ebay purchase. It is really well made and with 5 color options is a great value, some photos attached of mine mounted.
Ebay Link: Free Shipping DJI Metal Iron CNC Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3 or Inspire 1
IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

here is the guy that engineers these protectors.

Last edited:
Another Item I purchased after comparing to a carbon fiber protector was a nice abs plastic 3d printed protector is available at Carolina Drones. It had a factory appearance and is very strong and looks nice on the Phantom. It mounts securely and can also be zip tied to provide extra security.

View attachment 34671

View attachment 34672
That one doe look better than the carbon fiber one I have now that warps -- do you know the weight?

Guys/Gals

I just picked up a P3P for my first drone and I was wondering what are some important accessories you feel increase safety, durability or that you just recommend? I already have removable prop guards on the way should be here tomorrow.
Guys/Gals

I just picked up a P3P for my first drone and I was wondering what are some important accessories you feel increase safety, durability or that you just recommend? I already have removable prop guards on the way should be here tomorrow.

Here's my most important accessory...
My Phantom drone tracker from www.UAVfind.com
Not GPS or Cellular. Find your drone from over a mile away.
FNC_4915.JPG

If it's your first one, make it a priority to get a cheap quad to practice on or you are very likely to have an incident of some sort. Sorry to be so bossy, but honestly, get some practice in first Chief.

View attachment 34671

View attachment 34672

What's the deal with the ND Filter? I'm looking for a lens to protect the camera lens what do you guys recommend

Welcome fellow flyer you have just entered into what I believe will be something that will blow away, exhilarate & totally fascinate you
In order I think I bought:
Snap on off prop guards bestem aerial I got, as you grow in confidence ditch them
Case, got my bird when it first came out & they were looking for crazy money ended up buying from China for about $40 & does the job fine ( 1 month delivery )
1 ft short cable for RC to device
Aftermarket gimbal guard
Set of ND filters for video in my case Polar Pro 2nd edition
A external hard drive I got a Seagate 4TB cuz video gobbles up space
A lanyard for your RC cuz it's worth a few bucks & brill if you hand catch
Aluminium windsurfer for when you are in the mood to go that extra mile ( location depending we love our hobby )
Next I think I'll get a anemometer have being relying on my weeping willow which in bang on accurate but it's only $10
Wish List MEGA : 87" 4k curved UHD TV setup don't care if it smart as long as it plays 4K
A bad *** 4K laptop
& defo the P4
Have fun & keep it

Have loads of fun & enjoy

View attachment 34322
Here you go: I am not sure how they did it...it kind of fades out on the end of the arms...they just taped everything off from what I can tell as there is spray inside the battery compartment and vents etc. I do not believe the shell was separated for painting.

Do you have the information on getting my shell painted? Thanks

Do you have a pic of how you attached this?... I've gone a cheaper route ($15) and bought a small battery powered WiFi router (3.5" x 1.25" x .5") that I can use Vistumbler S/W to triangulate on but haven't decided how I'm gonna mount it...
I mounted mine a little different from the other photos. I wanted to be as far from the compass as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    997.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1373.JPG
    IMG_1373.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
A
Guys/Gals

A hood for your smartphone or tablet.

Guys/Gals

Also, nerve pills until you get to the point where you trust the software. Mine has performed flawlessly so far after over a hundred flights.

I was looking at the GPC book bag for $189 how about the cheap ones on EBay for $40 or $50 are those any good?
I have the DJI case. I bought it as a package and I have had no complaints once I learned to put my ipad on top of the foam. It holds all of my batteries and accessories. I do wish that it had a place to carry prop guards as I might actually use them then.

I have the DJI case. I bought it as a package and I have had no complaints once I learned to put my ipad on top of the foam. It holds all of my batteries and accessories. I do wish that it had a place to carry prop guards as I might actually use them then.

Prop guards are for women and children [emoji1]!

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl