Important Accessories

Reaction score
Guys/Gals

I just picked up a P3P for my first drone and I was wondering what are some important accessories you feel increase safety, durability or that you just recommend? I already have removable prop guards on the way should be here tomorrow.

Reactions: B- Scene Films
A gimbal guard, a good case such as GPC and of course extra props just to name a few you might also want to look at an aftermarket 3-D printed camera gimbal lock. The one the Phantom 3 comes with typically slides off.

A gimbal guard, a good case such as GPC and of course extra props just to name a few you might also want to look at an aftermarket 3-D printed camera gimbal lock. The one the Phantom 3 comes with typically slides off.

I love your P3 is that a carbon fiber sticker kit?

It's actually a custom paint job by Drones Etc. out of Salt Lake City...Not dipped or decals like so many others...not cheap though has its inconsistencies but I love it!
Can you post a bigger pic. I have been thinking about a custom paint job. Wonder if I can do it myself?

image.jpeg

Here you go: I am not sure how they did it...it kind of fades out on the end of the arms...they just taped everything off from what I can tell as there is spray inside the battery compartment and vents etc. I do not believe the shell was separated for painting.

Can you post a bigger pic. I have been thinking about a custom paint job. Wonder if I can do it myself?

I was looking at the GPC book bag for $189 how about the cheap ones on EBay for $40 or $50 are those any good?

I bought a hard carry case for a P2V, bloody heavy carrying it around. Then I bought a cheap £20 bag from China for my v+. I'm still using it about 18 months later. Lightweight, everything fits in, you can add slots for memory sticks etc. I wouldn't bother buying a $300 case.

Reactions: mirrorimage
Guys/Gals

I just picked up a P3P for my first drone and I was wondering what are some important accessories you feel increase safety, durability or that you just recommend? I already have removable prop guards on the way should be here tomorrow.
Happydays,
I myself am a firm believer in prop guards. I don't care so much with speed, (if they affect this aspect or not) but I believe last week when my unit was sitting 30 feet up in a Beech tree, and my plan was to catch it once I dislodged it from the tree, and I failed in doing so, one guard took the brunt of the fall and broke into 4 pieces. I still had some damage to my shell, but I feel certain if the guard was not on the unit, it would have been a much worse outcome.

I bought a hard carry case for a P2V, bloody heavy carrying it around. Then I bought a cheap £20 bag from China for my v+. I'm still using it about 18 months later. Lightweight, everything fits in, you can add slots for memory sticks etc. I wouldn't bother buying a $300 case.

Which one did you get? Is it on EBay? I need one for the P3P

Guys/Gals

The most important accessory you can have is a Wallet. A wallet with never ending cash. You will get hooked hard now, and will aquire the "NEEDS". LOL

Yeah, don't fall for those first GAS feelings. Enjoy the Phantom by itself for awhile. Let it sink in. You don't need every accessory made for the Phantom, it's great by itself. But do buy extra batteries. ;-)

Have fun.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Barrattrn and Ross

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31