Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Import RAW photos to Mac Aperture

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by webstereo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. webstereo

How can I import the RAW DNG files to Aperture? They are unreadable at the moment.

2. rilot

I don't think Aperture supports the format of the P2's DNGs. Only Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop via Adobe Camera RAW.

3. DKDarkness

4. HunterSK

I tried Adobe DNG Converter 8.4 a while ago and had no luck in getting the converted DNG files readable by Aperture. If anybody has got this to work, please let me know.

I don't actually like using Lightroom but I do it simply to process my Phantom's RAW files. So I run Aperture and Lightroom together.

If Aperture supports the Phantom's FC200 RAW files that would be awesome, but I realise that Apple's decision to cease development of Aperture may affect support.

5. webstereo

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the adobe converter but had no luck. Maybe I don't have the settings right but it didn't work for me.

6. webstereo

If I change the preference settings in the convertor to 4.6 and up it then works on Mac OS and can be imported into Aperture. Although the colour of the shots is all messed up.

7. cougar

May I ask what settings you changed? I also have this problem and like to try.
    Thank you

8. webstereo

Press the change preferences button