Import Duty to UK

Reaction score
Anybody any idea how much import duty would be payable from Asia to the UK, and is duty payable on multi-rotors ??

;)

Give full details. Its the vat rate on whatever they chose to decide the cost in uk shopfront terms unlesss you are a business plus import duty. If its a full kit you will get ripped off and would be cheaper buying off a local dealer, but if its a small purchase like a gimbal them sneaky lil chinese dudes often send it marked as a gift but forget about insurance

pyrophantom said:
Anybody any idea how much import duty would be payable from Asia to the UK, and is duty payable on multi-rotors ??

;)

Depends how much you're paying (or rather how much the seller marks it down on the customs form which should technically be the amount it is worth to them) and how they send it

I read first hand somewhere recently that if yo order from dji europe it is shipped from china but invoiced from Germany inclusive of import duty. As a consumer you pay VAT anyway. My opinion is buy from UK dealer/stockist so you get customer support. Its a pain if your wanting warrenty stuff from China.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Give full details. Its the vat rate on whatever they chose to decide the cost in uk shopfront terms unlesss you are a business plus import duty. If its a full kit you will get ripped off and would be cheaper buying off a local dealer, but if its a small purchase like a gimbal them sneaky lil chinese dudes often send it marked as a gift but forget about insurance

Yes fraid it would be the full gubbins, which is why I have tried to find a european dealer, which i have been pm'd about. Have seen some projected UK costs and they are just silly unless discounts were available.

Oh and yes it was the H500 I was thinking about.........gonna be painful this !

Good job I have a nice P2V w Rotorpixel Gimbal to offload which might claw back some dosh.

Thanks for the comments guys 1

;)

The Tali? I really dont see the logic of spending so much on something that only kinda rivals the p2v+, its quite expensive and cant do much more. I'd say a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they buy it because you can be sure that the P3 isnt far away. I know how I felt after I bought my p2v and then the p2v+ was released not long after. I'd hang back if I were you.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
The Tali? I really dont see the logic of spending so much on something that only kinda rivals the p2v+, its quite expensive and cant do much more. I'd say a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they buy it because you can be sure that the P3 isnt far away. I know how I felt after I bought my p2v and then the p2v+ was released not long after. I'd hang back if I were you.

Yeah I know but how long do I wait ? The tali has a particular function which I need which I am really surprised DJI cant do with a firmware update, being able to circle an object whilst keeping the camera pointing at it. I need that funtion as its really difficult to do something like that with the plus, and dont get me wrong I love my plus and love the stills side of being able to shoot in RAW, but I now have no need for my P2V with rotorpixel gimbal, so that would subsidise any future new aircraft, and at the moment I am not jumping in as there seems to be a settings issue with the Tali.

But yes, if I knew there was a P3 sometime this year and it did what I want it to do then fair enough, but that would mean we are beta testers again for the new platform. The Tali can hopefully also carry the new GP4 when it comes out, but time will tell. Its a confusing market at the moment.

:?

Problem is if you want to add a gopro you will have to buy a new monitor and fpv transmission system which will add a lot more to the cost. The ilook+ camera is pretty crappy. I really dont think circling around an object is worth $2000 (without extra batteries, props etc...) when it can be done with a p2v+ manually, it just takes practice. The tali video circling around a home point wasnt that impressive, ive done better manually with a phantom and with the new competition who's to say dji wont release it as a new update? I can see the p3 being released either in November for the xmas market or April as this is when they have launched new products before. Again I'm only basing this on my needs versus costs.

I cannot recall the exact figures.
From non EU Vat is payable on items valued at over £16 + £6 charge- even if it is a gift.

Import duties apply on items valued over £150+ charges.

Here's the rub. Pre Royal Mail sell off it was a simple lottery as to whether you got stung.
Now almost all Asia imports go through a customs agency in Berkshire- and if they think they are in with a chance, they open the package and set there own valuation.

Ask how I know! My advice is to buy UK, or EU if you have to. It works out cheaper in the end.

I got lucky when I bought my taco gimbal for my p2v. I boughtnit for $259 from China expecting to pay at least another €70 for VAT and import duty but the sneaky guys at taco just wrapped it in chinese newspaper and declared it as a gift so I only paid €189 with no customs delays.

Its luck of the draw. If you buy a quad from dji china they include vat but who's to say customs and revenue wont lash on another £300 from walkera. Maybe they wont but maybe they will

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik