Import 4k to iPad for iMovie app?

Reaction score
Hi!
I might buy an iPad Mini 4 and wonder if someone has used the Lightning SD card adapter to import 4K video directly to the iPad?

And is it viewable and/or editable in iMovie or other apps? Maybe Adobe Clip so that you can continue editing on the computer??

It would be awesome to do a rough cut in Adobe clip and then continue in 4K on the computer :)

Best regards Simon

Reactions: MacMan3409
I have this setup and I'm having a lot of problems with it. iPad imports the 4K video just fine into the camera roll via the SD adapter, but once it's there I get the message the the video type is not supported. I've tried this with both .MP4 and .MOV formats. The weird thing is they will import and play in iMovie, but I keep getting weird messages that the file is on iCloud and unable to be downloaded even though I just copied the file from the SD card to the iPad. Long story short, it's not working well for 4K.

I'm using an iPad Pro 12.9"

I edit on a Mac. But when I briefly tried iMovie on a 9.7" iPad Pro with P3P 4K .mp4 it worked OK. I imported the test clips via Dropbox and also via iCloud to iMovie so I can't comment how the SD card adapter works.

I usually convert 4k and other unsupported video files to iPad for iMovie more supported MP4 with the help of iDealshare VideoGo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31