Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iMovie won't share

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by happydays, Nov 30, 2014.

1. happydays

Anyone else found this? I deleted some old projects and now iMovie won't allow me to share the clips.

I have loads of free memory (38Gb), using a macbook air (about a year old) and it was last used on Wednesday to make a trailer.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programme, there are no updates, but nothing .

Help!

2. 750r

I know MacKeeper was a problem with sharing I know if you had some old projects and updated iMovie that was causing problems .
    If your on Yosemite that could be the problem .

3. happydays

I'm aware of that one, but I don't have MacKeeper. I called Apple and their techies couldn't solve it either so we have a RTA (Request for Techical Assistance away to Apple HQ.

If I create a new user, the programme works fine on there, but we suspect that there is an issue with my profile that's causing the issue. Just a matter of finding out what it is.

However I have a workaround in that I can use the new profile until Apple support gets back to me. It's only for recreation, and not for work so it doesn't matter.

4. 750r

You can move projects from the old profile to the new and all works ?
    If they do pinpoint the problem please share here in case another member has this problem & thanks for sharing a work around .

5. happydays

Will do. I'm waiting on them calling me back.