Immersionrc tx question

Reaction score
I have googled around for this and don't see any sign of this question being answered. How can you be sure the immersionrc tx is functioning properly as there in no indicator led light. I'm currently in a bind as the gimbal I ordered from B&H was defective but thought Id be able to see the iosd info at the very least on the black pearl rx I just received. I will be picking up the replacement gimbal in store on Friday so I'm hoping I can get it all working for some city park shooting. Any help will be appreciated and Happy Holidays!

I am able to see the information that the iOSD provides when the gopro is not turned on. Check for loose connections?

I did that. So I probably either have
1) a bad fpv hub
2) bad iosd (It only blinks green never goes solid green)
3) bad immersion pnp cable
4) bad immersion tx

How would I go about determining which is the bad item in the chain? Looking at cables and pin I can't see anything glaring. Starting to think I should have gone with dji 58avl tx even though its heavier.

You could isolate the iOSD as a test. You would need to disconnect the iOSD ribbon connector and the can bus connector. The with a small wire pushing it into the ribbon connector of the iOSD jumper across the yellow and orange leads. This would send the video from the camera directly to immersionrc tx.

If video is then seen then you could focus on the iOSD. No video is seen would tend to indicate this issue is not the iOSD.

Have you checked the channel and band on the black pearl? The default setting for the immersionrc is band F channel 1.

Thanks for your help. I ended up ordering another fpv hub as I finally got my gimbal working (no thanks to dJI) and am hoping to be able to use this today. I had to fly blind over the Hudson at Liberty State Park yesterday but the footage is 10x better with a gimbal.
My BlackPearl came set to Channel A and I moved it to F on Diversity and RX1 and RX2. Hopefully Channel 4 will work today as I really notched those dipswitches, not sure how many times they can be moved.
Question about iOSD mini, I was all set to update firmware when it came but it had the current version. Is this like other DJI products where sometime it is a good idea to reload same firmware anyway? Sorry for the stupid question, but after what I went through with the gimbal firmware, I have very little faith in their QA.

Thanks for your help. So I'm waiting on a new tx as I tried your solution after another failed attempt with a new pnp cable and it is clearly not the iosd (I was able to check firmware once I replaced a 4 pin cable).
Im getting a combo with boscam receiver from eBay for same price as just immersion so I hope to be able to check if the black pearl rx is the issue though I doubt it at this point.
Too bad my entirely holiday break is used up and had to fly blind over the hudson. just glad I have a working gimbal and a rock solid Phantom 2!

Thanks again!

jcknows0 said:
Question about iOSD mini, I was all set to update firmware when it came but it had the current version. Is this like other DJI products where sometime it is a good idea to reload same firmware anyway? Sorry for the stupid question, but after what I went through with the gimbal firmware, I have very little faith in their QA.

I'm going to say no, it's not necessary. BAck when P2's and iOSD Mini's were relatively new, some of the iOSD Mini's had original firmware and needed to be updated.
DJI hasn't updated the iOSD Mini firmware in a long time, like 8+ months so nowadays everything comes with the current firmware. but I think the instructions still say to check for one.

I'm actually in NYC and I fly all the time, be happy to help you out anytime if you don't mind coming into the city.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic