ImmersionRC 600mw Taking Down My WIFI

Reaction score
Hello

I used my Phantom with the ImmersionRC 600 mw transmitter today for the first time. At the same time my kids started yelling that our WIFI went out. I thought it was a coincidence but I disconnected the transmitter and my WIFI came back. Turned it back on WIFI went down. Have any of you experienced this? Any way to prevent it?

Is your WiFi on 5.8?

Try changing the channel on the wifi router.

If you have an android phone or tablet download the app "WiFi Analyzer" to see your current channel and what is open in your neighborhood. If you are like most of your neighbors, you're on the default channel. Changing the channel will also increase and improve your wifi as well as remove the interference from your TX.

Here is a list of 5G wifi

5g.jpg

Flavor911 said:
Yes it was the 5G wifi connection that completely shut down.

out of curiousity, which router do you have exactly? indeed they are operating on similar frequency sets, like someone else said perhaps they happen to be using the exact same channel.

and how close were you firing up the Phantom/IRC600 to the router? like, I can't imagine that if you were outside your house/apartment flying your Phantom that you could take down the router inside your house, unless it has a seriously weak antenna! However I suppose if you were working on your Phantom indoors, with the IRC600 right next to your router and they happen to be on the exact same frequency I can see there being enough interference that other devices would lose signal.

the previous suggestions in this thread were good... just change channels on either the router or the IRC600. but still, that shouldn't matter if you're off flying outside

This may explain what happened to me a few nights ago. I was calibrating the P2 and my wife complained her ipad would not connect. Told as soon as I was done I would look at it. Connected with no problems. My P2 with IRC 600w was about 4ft from a Netgear R7000 on 5G.

PhantomPhreak said:
This may explain what happened to me a few nights ago. I was calibrating the P2 and my wife complained her ipad would not connect. Told as soon as I was done I would look at it. Connected with no problems. My P2 with IRC 600w was about 4ft from a Netgear R7000 on 5G.

that's definitely close enough to cause interference, especially if they were using the same channel/frequency... I mean think about it, you've got 2 relatively powerful transmitters sitting right next to each other, if they're on the same or very similar frequency it makes sense that a device some distance away would have trouble picking one transmitter vs the other

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try changing the channel on the router. I have a Netgear Nighthawk and a Netgear extender. I was outside the house but about 10 feet from the extender. The main router is in my basement. So the signal coming from the extender was knocked out when I was outside. I turned the Phantom on in my basement and it knocked out the signal from the router. Definitely was the transmitter because it took it down within seconds of powering up the TX. Will try a different channel and report back here how it works. Thanks!

Changing the channel probably won't help, as the Immersion is a wideband analogue video transmitter and uses a lot of radio spectrum and quite high power. Try the lowest channel you can though, as this is giving you nearly 800MHz of separation.

Your router is more like 25mW, so your 600mW Immersion is swamping the receiver on your kid's equipment. If you were to put an analyser on it, you would probably also find lots of intermodulation and other nasty RF problems as well. It's not just being on the same channel, but the fact that the receiver gets swamped with too much RF signal and loses selectivity, so it cannot discriminate between the WiFI and your TX.

This is part of the reason why in Europe, we are limited to 25mW video TX unless licenced.

Tried changing channels. Still takes the WIFI down. That did improve my WIFI signal though....thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31