Immersion RC and Black Pearl problems. Please help!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm an FPV newb and I'm really struggling. I recently received my new Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, Immersion RC 600MW TX and Black Pearl RX with circular polarised antennas. I'm having no problem flying the Phantom, but my FPV setup just isn't working properly. I had it professionally installed in the shop so I would hope that they did it right! It's the weekend and they're closed now so I haven't had a chance to ring them and ask whether they tested it before dispatch.

I plug the GoPro into the gimbal and switch the system on. The Black Pearl is set to diversity mode and I cycle through the channels. Depending on how I have the switches set on the TX (started at channel 4 and cycling through each) I can see a very faint signal on the screen on one channel and the next channel along the signal becomes stronger, but is not viewable. The picture is jumping all over the place and it looks as though there is a huge amount of interference.

I wondered whether there might be a lot of interference at my place, so I took it out into the middle of a field and tried there with exactly the same results. I thought I'd rule out the gimbal and GoPro so I unplugged them and just left the IOSD powered. I obviously got no image and no whirring from the gimbal, but the HUD was visible, but jumping all over the place with the same problem.

I've run out of ideas! Can any of you experiences chaps lend me your brains? Thanks!

Mark_D said:
Hi guys,

I'm an FPV newb and I'm really struggling. I recently received my new Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, Immersion RC 600MW TX and Black Pearl RX with circular polarised antennas. I'm having no problem flying the Phantom, but my FPV setup just isn't working properly. I had it professionally installed in the shop so I would hope that they did it right! It's the weekend and they're closed now so I haven't had a chance to ring them and ask whether they tested it before dispatch.

I plug the GoPro into the gimbal and switch the system on. The Black Pearl is set to diversity mode and I cycle through the channels. Depending on how I have the switches set on the TX (started at channel 4 and cycling through each) I can see a very faint signal on the screen on one channel and the next channel along the signal becomes stronger, but is viewable. The picture is jumping all over the place and it looks as though there is a huge amount of interference.

I wondered whether there might be a lot of interference at my place, so I took it out into the middle of a field and tried there with exactly the same results. I thought I'd rule out the gimbal and GoPro so I unplugged them and just left the IOSD powered. I obviously got no image and no whirring from the gimbal, but the HUD was visible, but jumping all over the place with the same problem.

I've run out of ideas! Can any of you experiences chaps lend me your brains? Thanks!

Same issue for me....

Sounds like a PAL/NTSC issue. Make sure your gopro & black pearl are both set to the same.

w824gb3 said:
Sounds like a PAL/NTSC issue. Make sure your gopro & black pearl are both set to the same.

Funnily enough I rang the shop who set it up for me about an hour ago and they said the same thing. I'll try that when I get home from work. Thanks for the tip! :D

I have the exact same gear and had a problem at the weekend getting the black pearl to work. I changed both the gp and the black pearl to ntsc and used ch4 on the fatsHark vtx and it worked. But for some reason on PAL it didnt work.

NTSC on P2 and on Black Pearl for me....changed jumpers to OFF on #2 and #3 on the IRC and then put the BP on channel 7. Will post back results. Anyone know how to get all iOSD data on the screen? The right side is off the screen slightly.

Use the DJI iosd manager software from their website to change the position of the data overlay on the screen.

I have a mac and dont have access to windows at the moment so i havent had a chance golook at the iOSD mini software.just running it out the box stock and it is great, but this is my first experience with any type of on screen display

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31