Immersion + Black Pearl + Ultra antennas - only 300 meters

Reaction score
Flew with FPV for the first time today and loved it. Got some great footage and it felt good getting the drone so far away without much worry. I am hearing that people are getting up to a km out of the setup I have but I can only get around 300m. I was flying in a canyon with clear line of site other than a thin tree here or there.

Blue Beam antennas - Black Pearl 7 channel - Immesion Trans 600w

Any ideas?
CostaC

Re: Immersion + Black Pearl + Ultra antennas - only 300 mete

Are you using any of the stick antennas at all ? I have the same exact setup as you with one exception. On my black pearl 7 channel I have one blue beam ultra and one ibcrazy 5 turn helical antenna. The BP is running diversity mode of course. My other blue beam ultra is plugged into the immersion rc 600mw on my phantom. I dont use the stick antennas at all.
I've gone 1010 meters with good fpv though the video started to get a little grainy. That was out over a half mile. I probably could have gone out further.
You can get an ibcrazy 5 turn helical for about $35 if you did decide to add one. I'm very happy with my setup

Re: Immersion + Black Pearl + Ultra antennas - only 300 mete

Costac said:
Flew with FPV for the first time today and loved it. Got some great footage and it felt good getting the drone so far away without much worry. I am hearing that people are getting up to a km out of the setup I have but I can only get around 300m. I was flying in a canyon with clear line of site other than a thin tree here or there.

Blue Beam antennas - Black Pearl 7 channel - Immesion Trans 600w

Any ideas?
CostaC

Make sure your antennas are polarized the same direction and that your antenna's have the correct connectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers