Image transmission laggy on P3P

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought a second hand P3 professional. When I'm trying to fly in my garden the image transition is really laggy. There are about 15 Wifi Networks in my range. Is that normal?

Here's a video

IOS or Android? What version of OS? Does the processor have enough ummmph? Things to consider.

This is an Oneplus One with CyanogenOS 12.1 ( Android 5.1.1). I made a factory reset today because I only need it for the DJI Go App.

I solved the problem myself. I fixed it by installing the newest version of LineageOS (Android 7.1.2) on it

Reactions: Pharm
I have the same problem you had. I have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge with Android 7.0 and I had the problem even with the older Android version.

I have the same problem you had. I have the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge with Android 7.0 and I had the problem even with the older Android version.
I'm also having the problem again. I also had these lags in the recorded video itself. I accidently broke my Gimbal while transporting the P3P on the weekend. I sent it to DJI Repair Service. I also told them about the lags. I will write again when I get it back.

One thing I would advise if you are using a phone is to put it in airplane mode. If you have a tablet without cellular would be best. If you need to do a Facebook Live stream or otherwise need/want WiFi using *only* 5 GHz WiFi. With my phone I would get choppy video like that and the same with my tablet with WiFi, once I switched my hotspot to 5 GHz all the problems went away. 2.4 GHz is a busy busy band and the RC being in close proximity to something else using the 2.4 GHz band, even on a non-overlapping channel, will cause interference. In my experience WiFi networks that might be in range, say your neighbor's WiFi probably won't cause much interference, unless you're flying long distances away from the RC.

Phones just emit so much RF on so many different bands, having it mounted a few inches away from the RC antenna, expect interference and video issues.

Try putting your phone in airplane mode and see if you don't have an improvement....once you get it back. If the results are positive, turn on/off different things, mobile data, WiFi...etc.. Also you wouldn't happen to have Sprint? Spring uses 2.5 GHz for their LTE (and the reason why we don't get the other 16 channels in the US), I would expect a phone using sprint's LTE network to produce all sorts of interference, after all the controller and drone are only 20 dB and your phone another 10 dB stronger than your controller (10dB meaning 10x powerful, 100 mW to 1 watt of RF power)... Anyway just throwing my two cents in on the interference problem you're having.

Reactions: Simzy666
When reinstalling the Go App, have you tried using the QR code in the manual instead of the Play Store? It was the solution for my problem.

Help!
Any advice for making the go app not to crash? I have p3a go app 3.1.5 AC and RC up to date. Galaxy s7 edge with nougat.
After 10min in flight the screen freeze and I have to restart the dji go. So fkn annoying.
Which combination of FW are most stable?
I've tried 3.1.4 without success:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik