image quality phantom 4 pro

Reaction score
In my first tests of a snowy landscape I found a strong vignetting in the pictures. The edges go into the color cyan.
DJI_0030.jpg
DJI_0030.jpg DJI_0030.jpg DJI_0039.jpg DJI_0030.jpg

Reactions: jens
See if you have on auto white balance and switch to daylight, or correct in photoshop in the raw with the temperature slider.
Not sure this would help D-Fresh as it is an inconsistency across the image. A global correct in camera or in Photoshop is just gonna change the color temp of the whole image. I use a custom white balance all the time and adjust in Phototshop before I process the Raw file. But this problem does not look bad over whole image. It's just on sides and corners. You could fix it really easy with a brush in Photoshop but who wants to spend time fixing so many if its doing it all the time.

are you using the DJI GO 4 app and if so which color setting are you using or are you using the auto color?
purchased the P4Pro at the AMA Expo and looking into the ND filters that will fit the P4Pro even at the expo which looked more geared to fixed winged aircraft had a limited selection of vendors offering filters

are you using the DJI GO 4 app and if so which color setting are you using or are you using the auto color?
purchased the P4Pro at the AMA Expo and looking into the ND filters that will fit the P4Pro even at the expo which looked more geared to fixed winged aircraft had a limited selection of vendors offering filters
Polar Pro is sending their filters out for the P4P in a week or so supposedly. Got a Cinema Shutter Collection coming.

I am having trouble with my P4P+ as well. The integrated monitor has far less camera controls available. Bad weather has slowed my investigation but I don't think that I am getting 720, let alone 4K. More tests tomorrow and I will post.

Yes I´v used the dji go 4 app and auto white.

Not sure this would help D-Fresh as it is an inconsistency across the image. A global correct in camera or in Photoshop is just gonna change the color temp of the whole image. I use a custom white balance all the time and adjust in Phototshop before I process the Raw file. But this problem does not look bad over whole image. It's just on sides and corners. You could fix it really easy with a brush in Photoshop but who wants to spend time fixing so many if its doing it all the time.
No bad advice with the brush. But I am somewhat disappointed with the lens.

No bad advice with the brush. But I am somewhat disappointed with the lens.
I'm wondering if it's a sensor problem instead of a lens issue? But this is def not right. This is an extreme case to show the problem since everything is white from edge to edge. I will be looking close for this issue in my next few flights.

I noticed the same effect on my first video, which is all I've had a chance to shoot as I am returning the P4P for battery compartment issue. I'll post example later.

Have you tried do some tests indoor on a plain white background, to see if the same happens?

Hmm I think these pictures do demonstrate the vignetting problem exceptionally well. There is no reason to believe the snow color just happens to naturally change towards the edges of the picture.

as far as the filters go for the P4Pro i picked up the BOWER drone essentials kit with the UV, CPL, ND4, ND8, lens cover and lens hood.....all of which do not fit as the Pro has a rubber insulation ring holding on the outer 1:2 24 mm lens. the kit says DJI Phantom 4, 3 A and 3 P
so for sure it does not fit the DJI Phantom 4 Pro

It was f 11

I´v used the dji go 4 app and auto white.

With these settings you are a victim of diffraction, chromatic aberration, color changes, and white balance not accurate.

Try f/4 to f/8 (f/5.6 or 6.3 it's the sweet spot) and without AWB. Put the WB in kelvin manually.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20