Image quality: messy- blur stills / OK video P4

Reaction score
Image quality: messy- blur stills / OK video. P4

These are live view screenshots but no difference when take actual photo, stills are messy and blur.

Dont find any solution for this, need to return this piece. Made all updates, first photos after out of the box, tested flying also, it was fine.

Cant really understand what is the problem here, only thing I do here is switch from stills to video, as you can see right side of the panel.

Still mode.

IMG_0007.PNG

Video mode.
IMG_0008.PNG

I don't understand what your getting at? On the SD card your videos aren't sharp?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the same issue. Rubbish quality video, not detailed at all. I totally regret the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your shooting still in RAW and video in D-LOG. Both formats are relatively flat straight out of camera but give you more range in post. So you'll have to edit anything that comes straight from the card or it will look flat and dull.

If you will not colour correct every shot in post I would change the settings from DLOG. DLOG will look very flat but give you the most range when in post bringing out the colour and detail. But takes time and experience.

If you will not colour correct every shot in post I would change the settings from DLOG. DLOG will look very flat but give you the most range when in post bringing out the colour and detail. But takes time and experience.

I had mine set to D-Log but am not at the point of post production of my images so would Auto be the best setting?

I had mine set to D-Log but am not at the point of post production of my images so would Auto be the best setting?
Yes. If you don't master color grading don't use DLog. DLog assumes you will recreate color and contrast. Use none or vivid if you are planning to use the raw footage.

Thanks for the responses. I only used D-Log since I had my P4 and thought the images look quite good but I'll try changing the setting out of D-Log and compare.

No post prod editing on that pic. Manual ISO, polarizing filter, vivid settings. Relatively low ISO. Given the sun was down.

DLOG was gimped/changed in the last firmware update for the Phantom 4 and possibly a few updates ago for the Inspire X3 & X5 cameras.
For now despite most people using and recommending DLOG don't touch it.

in my case is not about the DLOG or any other setting, video shoot sharp but stills not...
tested in all color spaces, when took screen shot it was on that mode.

here is 100% actual size crop, and I know editing process etc...doing photography for living.

shot raw- iso 100- 1/750

Still quality totally sucks.... Well, getting replacement, hope that new one will be ok.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 14.55.42.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 14.55.42.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 417
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 14.56.11.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 14.56.11.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Did you adjust high ISO and fast shutter?

Did you adjust high ISO and fast shutter?

it should not effect to quality, even took test photos when device was on table with different iso and shutter speed.

it should not effect to quality, even took test photos when device was on table with different iso and shutter speed.

Not sure your environment was but high ISO and fast shutter helps for night shot.

Use auto iso/shutter. Take a few shot at the sunny day with trees and clouds. Auto setting under good lighting condition should have good and details image. If still blur, guess you have to call dji for exchange.... Which is painful to talk with their operator.....

Use auto iso/shutter. Take a few shot at the sunny day with trees and clouds. Auto setting under good lighting condition should have good and details image. If still blur, guess you have to call dji for exchange.... Which is painful to talk with their operator.....

Ordered appleStore ( Finland), I will get replacement, no need to talk with the DJI operators...

Reactions: what the

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20