Image loss

Reaction score
So I got a phantom 3 standard and everytime I take it past 50m my video feed starts scrambling then will drop. Also video will drop after 550ft altitude. I still maintain control of the drone and signal will still be max bars. Any ideas on how to extend my range? I use a Samsung Galaxy s6

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I got a phantom 3 standard and everytime I take it past 50m my video feed starts scrambling then will drop. Also video will drop after 550ft altitude. I still maintain control of the drone and signal will still be max bars. Any ideas on how to extend my range? I use a Samsung Galaxy s6

You can get a range extender antenna, but 50 meters seems pretty short distance to lose video feed, might have other issues.

How far away from other buildings are you?
Go into the Aircraft Status (touch the top middle of the app where it normally would say "Safe to Fly" and under radio channel quality does it say "interference, fly with caution"?
Run a WiFi analyzer app on your phone and see how many other WiFi signals are around that could be causing interfernace.

What your saying doesn't make sense. You can fly 550" up, but only 164" out ? Sounds like your antenna is not configured right. When you're flying out for some distance, your antenna needs to be pointing up (vertical).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20