Image defects w/ Vision- what's yours look like?

1grayweim said:
Correct, it does not happen when image setting is on Small format.
The "Small" setting just crops off the top & bottom to make a 16:9 picture. So it's possible your pink problem area is still there but just got cropped off.

Mactab said:
The official DJI response regarding the softness left to right ( Read that as unsharp) is that this is a 'Hobbyist Camera'
Read into that as you will!!
In other words they have put either a crap lens on it or as cheap as chips sensor (no pun intended) which is misaligned.
The raw converter will not sort out this problem - whenever that appears.

Really, thats the answer they gave you? "Hobbyist Camera"………………thats a ******** excuse :evil: ……..if the camera was $50.00 OK, but how much are they charging for it? $250-$400.00 You can get a nice little pocket sized Nikon for that kind of money which will take excellent pictures

rbarghini said:
rbarghini said:
rbarghini said:
Perhaps it's the SD card itself (brand). I'm going to pick up a new (larger capacity) one today and see if that's the case. I will post my findings tonight.

In the meantime, has anyone inquired to DJI about this issue and If so, did you get a repsonse from them? Please post it here if you have. Thanks in advance.

Well, that didn't work... still have the same issue :(

I've inquired to Dronefly about this issue. I will post their reply once I recieve one.

As promised, my reply from Dronefly... So the camera unit is defective - I have to ship them the defective camera unit first before they ship the new. Grr, that means potentially weeks before I get my P2V back in the air (w/out FPV that is)!

Hello Ron! We are waiting for out shipment of camera units. Once we receive those we'll be able to ship you out a replacement camera unit.

Thanks,
Trent S.
Dronefly.com

I have also contacted our distributor (All E RC in AZ), with image samples and a link to this forum to see what they think about the image issue. They have been very helpful (and fast to ship purchases) with a couple of other issues, will let you know what they say.

Does anybody know when the replacement camera units will be available? I've already shipped my defective camera unit back to Dronefly (last week) and haven't heard anything since. I'm not too keen on their customer service right now... even working w/a direct contact there, I still have several unanswered e-mails out there.

I was hoping for a quick turn as my $1,200 P2V has been/is collecting dust - perhaps a free battery will rid my negative energy :)

Sent a follow up message to All E RC regarding my original question that I sent with an image sample- since it's been 7 days without a response. Not quite long enough to feel blown off completely. I will NOT be sending in any part of my unit until I know what the turnaround will be. A waiting period like what many of you are experiencing would make me angry, too. For now, I still fly when the wind isn't blowing.... my pictures just have irritating little triangles on them.

:?:

I took a photos at each resolution small medium and large from my basement and can give you all the following information.

1) I'm not seeing any of those strange purple artifacts on mine at any resolution.

2) The larger the setting the greater amount of "fisheye" distortion. From what I see the reason for the increased resolution as you move up each settings is do to it using a great viewing angle for each one tho even the smallest size does have a little bit of distortion tho far improved from its "Large" counterpart.

3) I did this on a new 32gig Kingston sd card tho I don't know if this makes a difference from the stock sd card I wouldn't think it makes a difference though.

Hope that helps

Just to add to this. I came across this post after posting my own.

I have this problem although the triangles aren't 100% identical.

As I mentioned in my own post the triangles don't seem to appear in RAW photos although my converter isn't perfect so I'm not total sure.

I've tried more than one SD card which makes no difference and I'm running the latest firmware.

coloradosky said:
Sent a follow up message to All E RC regarding my original question that I sent with an image sample- since it's been 7 days without a response. Not quite long enough to feel blown off completely. I will NOT be sending in any part of my unit until I know what the turnaround will be. A waiting period like what many of you are experiencing would make me angry, too. For now, I still fly when the wind isn't blowing.... my pictures just have irritating little triangles on them.

:?:

Last week Bob @ All E RC said that it was a camera problem, and that the solution would be to replace it- he would get back to me. I have emailed and called and haven't heard back from him again. I'll try again this week. I'm sure they are really busy- but I need to order more RC gadgets, and I'm holding off to see how this goes, and I may just go ahead and switch to B&H as my preferred Phantom vendor as a result of these delays -- Thanks to this forum for the B&H recommendations.

Customer Service earns my business ;)

I contacted B&H Photo today about my camera being soft on the left and right sides. Sharp as a tack down the center though.
B&H wants the everything sent back not just the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4