I'm trying to install iOSD MK II on my Phantom 2

Reaction score
I'm trying to install iOSD MK II on my Phantom 2 and am having zero luck finding any video tutorial or step by step. See my video I attached link: http://youtu.be/krr1kBsCe_o

I don't understand where to hook up the big power leads... And all the other wires!
Obviously I'm new to all this... Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Are you using the P2 manual? It shows the hookups - about page 7 for MkII

Thanks! it didnt occur to me to look at the Phantom 2 manual for the iOSD MKII info.... I guess I just cut off the big red and black battery connector and solder them to the red and brown hanging out of the bottom of the phantom 2... right?

thanks again for your help!

viking67 said:
Thanks! it didnt occur to me to look at the Phantom 2 manual for the iOSD MKII info.... I guess I just cut off the big red and black battery connector and solder them to the red and brown hanging out of the bottom of the phantom 2... right?

That's one way to do it, you could also solder a yellow XT60 connector on to the leads coming out of the Phantom so it'll just plug in to the one on the iOSD mkII power lead. That adds a good bit of bulk though, so I'd only do that if you expect to be moving/disconnecting the OSD in the near future.

You guys are great! Thanks!
1 final question... I have my fatshark transmitter that i need to connect... but not sure how... I have the gopro mini usb cable that goes into the fatshark transmitter right now (5 pin connector)...
thanks so much for all the help!

viking67 said:
You guys are great! Thanks!
1 final question... I have my fatshark transmitter that i need to connect... but not sure how... I have the gopro mini usb cable that goes into the fatshark transmitter right now (5 pin connector)...
thanks so much for all the help!

Yeah it does get a little bit stickier with all that, but you're in luck, it seems (as someone just posted yesterday) that there's a cable available just for connecting the iOSD II to the fatshark Tx: http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... tter-cable.

The other thing you'll need to do is splice the USB cable from the gopro to the input cable supplied with the OSD. Connect the video and ground leads from the gopro cable (yellow and black respectively) to the yellow and brown leads on the input cable.

ok... I got it all hooked up... but the problem is I can see the iOSD stuff on my fatshark goggles but no data... it just shows the H and D and AV and satellite pic etc... but the artificial horizon does not move and there is no data...

I had to splice the CAM bus cable that goes from the iOSD down the leg of the Phantom 2 to the CAM bus port... maybe thats it?

viking67 said:
I had to splice the CAM bus cable that goes from the iOSD down the leg of the Phantom 2 to the CAM bus port... maybe thats it?

Perhaps, are you saying you just extended the cable so it would reach the canbus port on the leg?

Did you connect the iOSD to your PC yet and update the firmware? That might also resolve this issue.

Yeah, I extended the cable. Updating the firmware got me rocking. And Rollin!
Thanks!!!
Now if I could only see feet instead of meters etc!
Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl