I'm sorry to ask so many questions...

Two peas in a pod perhaps? I'm 70 and just got my first one. Incredible service too. I ordered mine on June 20 from Maple Leaf Photo and it arrived on June 23. Can't ask for better service than that, and their customer service people are absolutely fantastic too.

Nice to hear of another old time into these things though, sort of build my confidence a little.

Thanks for your post.

Bud

Hey Bud. I got my first drone when I was 71. That was 8 months ago. U will see me everywhere on here now. I have rebuilt drones but now I concentrate on repairing gimbals. I would rather fix them tan fly them. Who knew

Pretty much. I had not flown anything sense the sixties. I was really flying then. I started in the mid fifties ( 1950's that is) with u control. We got pretty dizzy. Mostly because of the flying in circles but sometimes from the testers glue we held them together with. Ah good times. Say does anyone still have some of that glue? Better than MJ

Reactions: Reed L
Pretty much. I had not flown anything sense the sixties. I was really flying then. I started in the mid fifties ( 1950's that is) with u control. We got pretty dizzy. Mostly because of the flying in circles but sometimes from the testers glue we held them together with. Ah good times. Say does anyone still have some of that glue? Better than MJ

I started with the U control also but in the mid to later 60's :) Round and Round and Round we go°°° Lots of great memories :)

Great Questions and Great Answers. I bought mine at age 69 and now at age seventy before I took my 1st Flight. As they always say the different between the Men and the Boys are their toys- Charlotte,North Carolina. My Other toy is shown in my Avatar, been searching for over 30 years

Last edited:
Reactions: dtviewer and Reed L
I remember that glue. Back then we didn't know what it was doing to us though. I'm glad those days are gone.

Welcome Bud. These Phantoms are easy peasy to fly. Flying RC will help keep you sharp. 75 here and having a ball flying all kinds of drones and fixed wing AC. @Ted4797, I still have a tube of Ambroid.

Bud,
I have been flying a year today and I am 76 .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L
Thanks to all my friendly old-timers out there. You've made a huge difference for me with this Phantom Pro and I really appreciate all your positive comments.

All the best, and I'm off out today for a real flight.

Bud

Nice to see all these "old-timers". I love to see you guys still trying new things and having fun. THAT'S what keeps your brain young! I always hate to see guys your age (barring any serious medical issues) sitting on the porch or watching tv all the time because they no longer get excited by new toys. There's no need to apologize for bothering us here. Even us kids (59) started at zero just like you. If you don't ask, you don't learn. Remember, age is only in your mind....well, ok, sometimes in your knees....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav