Im sorry, DJI really is a joke!!

There you go... problem solved. No one here can change how DJI operates so we can't help with that. You may want to send DJI an email and explain your complaint to them.
wow, these replies are a complete opposite of what I wanted or even thought.. I've seen all sorts of people complaining and writing their experiences , no one attacks the author, I wasn't looking for any sympathy, just sharing what I went through and one of the first real complaints I had.

I also complained how my drone in which was 2 weeks old from getting it back from DJI developed cracks again, nothing anyone can do here, but we're just sharing out experience.

RELAX

While I agree that cracking covers are something to complain about, as well as slow turn arounds your complaint about delays in changing an address mid stream in the shipping process is, many of us believe, unfair.

Last edited:
I don't think you get it. I cannot be more clear...
Companies do not put people on hold for 10 minutes every 2 minutes, over and over and over again.

"whats the new address sir"
"Thank you, I'll get right on that, have a nice day"

It literally takes the time of me saying out loud, there is no reason I even needed to be on the phone, they should have done it on their time.

You obviously haven't thought through the process. The person on the phone doesn't know where your Phantom is. Doesn't know if it is anywhere under DJI control and does not want to tell you that the address change has been successful until he/she is sure it was successful. Don't you get it?

wow, these replies are a complete opposite of what I wanted or even thought.. I've seen all sorts of people complaining and writing their experiences , no one attacks the author, I wasn't looking for any sympathy, just sharing what I went through and one of the first real complaints I had.

Sharing would be, I went to the store. Criticizing or complaining would be, I went to the store and they screwed me over. Criticizing would be less than complaining. You _were_ complaining. Which is fine, I do it all of the time when I have a bad experience. However, if I post about it I have no problem if people disagree... as I posted it in a public forum and this is where you get feedback... agreeing or not agreeing.

My main point was that you were barking up the wrong tree. The problem was easy to solve by going through UPS (you proved this) so at that point it's really not a big deal. Personally, I can't see any of this as being a problem as I don't agree that DJI should have been able to look for the item, pull it, change the address and then return it to the system. But I respect your opinion if you disagree.

I don't think you get it. I cannot be more clear...
Companies do not put people on hold for 10 minutes every 2 minutes, over and over and over again.

You should have been there when I called State Farm today just to find out if someone had an active policy on a certain day. Started yesterday when I went through 3 people and they could not tell me. Last person told me to call "claim".... and did not know that number. Today after I went through 4 people I was on hold twice for 20 minutes each time. Person who finally answered the question.... took all of 30 second. Was I mad? Sure... but I expected as much. I I knew I could solve my problem in 5 minutes another way I'd certainly not complain about getting the run around for an hour.

So what happens when someone calls pretending to be you and has your drone delivered to their location and DJI support says:

"whats the new address sir"
"Thank you, I'll get right on that, have a nice day"

FWIW the support process at DJI clearly needs improvement but this would be on the last page of any suggested improvements. They phone bank group is clearly understaffed and under-informed, changing a shipping address after the fact puts more liability on them to know it's not someone trying to steal your package adds unnecessary stress and confusion. DJI is NOT Amazon, they do not specialize in logistics, they specialize in cameras, drones and such. Very few tech-focused companies are great at logistics.

You obviously haven't thought through the process. The person on the phone doesn't know where your Phantom is. Doesn't know if it is anywhere under DJI control and does not want to tell you that the address change has been successful until he/she is sure it was successful. Don't you get it?

IT WAS THERE!!!! they told me that before we started this conversation.
I needed stickers as well and made sure that was put in the box, as last time they just took them off and never gave new ones.

I guess the OP's point is that he feels he was jerked around unnecessarily, on the phone for over 20 minutes wasting his time. No regards for his time, every time he talked to a new person he had to repeat case number.

DJI.JPG

It is also safe to assume that the confusion was created by DJI's form (attached), which clearly estates that changes can be made to the shipping address, makes it sound like a fairly easy process.
If he had been told within a few minutes that the address could not be changed anymore because the unit was too far in the shipping process the response would have been acceptable.

It is also safe to assume that the confusion was created by DJI's form (attached), which clearly estates that changes can be made to the shipping address, makes it sound like a fairly easy process.
If he had been told within a few minutes that the address could not be changed anymore because the unit was too far in the shipping process the response would have been acceptable.

exactly, except 20 minutes would have been ok, this was almost 1 hour. They never told me it was too far in the process, again this isn't my first rodeo, I change address's a lot depending if it requires a signature or not. If he would have told me its already shipped out, I would have waited a day and just changed it with UPS.

Anyway, all is settled.
thanks

You can pre-sign for the package online after logging into your UPS account and they will leave it at your door, inside the garage, or wherever you specify. I did this about a month ago when I sent mine in for cracks also.

IT WAS THERE!!!! they told me that before we started this conversation.
I needed stickers as well and made sure that was put in the box, as last time they just took them off and never gave new ones.

It's "here" as in, DJI's possession or "here" as in sitting right next to them? As was mentioned, being in DJI's possession does not mean the person on the phone is in the same building or even the same state as where the Phantom is located.

You can pre-sign for the package online after logging into your UPS account and they will leave it at your door, inside the garage, or wherever you specify. I did this about a month ago when I sent mine in for cracks also.

Heck, if the OP wanted to go onto UPS's website and use his account he could also change the delivery address himself. He does not want to do that. He only wanted DJI to change the address because they could. The post is not about solving the problem, it's about DJI not being willing to readdress the package.

Reactions: Lefty63
We all get jerked around by under trained customer service people and it's frustrating, this guy just wanted to ***** a little and I think he has reason to. I don't think people on this forum should blast him for it, that's just not right. If you don't like the topic don't read it and definitely don't comment on it. Now my two cents, of course. Don't try and stop something that has already begun its process. Let it get going then change it later. You also need to remember that even though I think the USA is the best country in the world DJI isn't in this country and them speaking English is a privilege for us not a right. So go on and complain about bad service here on this forum, I'll pat you on the back and say that you're right it sucks and I feel for you for having to go through all that crap for a simple request. And that they should do better for a customer who spent $1000+ on their product. Rock On!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

exactly, except 20 minutes would have been ok, this was almost 1 hour. They never told me it was too far in the process, again this isn't my first rodeo, I change address's a lot depending if it requires a signature or not. If he would have told me its already shipped out, I would have waited a day and just changed it with UPS.

Anyway, all is settled.
thanks

Would it not be easier if you made your mind up on which address you want things sent too in the beginning and stopped changing your mind 'changing addresses a lot'

Would it not be easier if you made your mind up on which address you want things sent too in the beginning and stopped changing your mind 'changing addresses a lot'

Things in life change, sometimes at a moments notice.

I have had to have ordered items sent elsewhere. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes not.

lol WRONG!! I've changed a shipping address with amazon many many times over the years with ZERO issues.

The excuses some of you are making is outrageous, guess what, within 5 minutes of me hanging up, IT WAS DONE!!!!!!!! so I have no clue what all the defending is about. I have a UPS account/USPS account, once again if you would have read what I wrote, UPS stated it easier at this point in the process for them to change it NOW, just like the email I received from DJI that stated if I need to change the address to call them.

Even if it this process is a logistical nightmare (which its not, I work in the top 3 supply chain companies) to keep a customer on the phone for that long for something so easy is unacceptable

I think if you constantly changed your shipping address that you should be put on a blacklist and UPS and USPS shouldn't delivery to you because you cause a back log for the rest of us normal people trying to receive packages.

Reactions: kirk2579

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20