I'm on v2.0. Should I ugprade?

Reaction score
I've been flying v2.0. Although I know it was deliberate, I no longer remember why I ended up at this version. Apart from apparently not currently being able to adjust tilt gains, there have been no problems. Any compelling reason to upgrade?

You live in an area of high magnetic declination. The latest firmware will make it much easier to fly in a straight line in GPS mode.

I'm still on 1.8 and not going any higher seems the more they try and fix new problems arise/restrictions .

I'm still on 1.08 and completely satisfied because I need the speed for the type of shooting I do (DH mountainbiking). IMO, 2.0 is the best because you'll have GS support and still maintain a max tilt angle of 25 degrees. I had one of my birds on 2.0, but made the mistake of taking it up to 3.0. I tried to get it back to 2.0, but it won't go back. I can take it back down to 1.08, but I use this bird with GS, so I've kept it at 3.0.

FWIW, going to ATTI will give 25 degrees max tilt angle on the latest firmware.

What is GS? Can I change the tilt speed with 2.0?

Diesel31 said:
I'm still on 1.08 and completely satisfied because I need the speed for the type of shooting I do (DH mountainbiking). IMO, 2.0 is the best because you'll have GS support and still maintain a max tilt angle of 25 degrees. I had one of my birds on 2.0, but made the mistake of taking it up to 3.0. I tried to get it back to 2.0, but it won't go back. I can take it back down to 1.08, but I use this bird with GS, so I've kept it at 3.0.

adanac said:
What is GS? Can I change the tilt speed with 2.0?

Diesel31 said:

GS = Ground Station.

No, tilt angle is set as is. That's something we've been clamoring for in future updates. Once DJI does that, I'll upgrade the firmware in all my birds.

The only thing I don't like about having different firmwares is that each bird flys a little differently. Not a big thing, but something I need to be cognizant of when switching between my Phantoms.

You wrote tilt angle, which leads me to believe you mean something different. I wish to change the speed of my H3-3D tilt to something slower and more organic while remaining on 2.0 if possible. I have heard it's possible in later versions.

Got it. The two previous responders were talking about tilt angle on the Phantom and you hadn't mentioned anything about the gimbal until now. I know on the recent firmware updates, you can slow down the movement of the gimbal to make it less twitchy and more smooth. I honestly don't know with 2.00 since I use a Futaba T8FG and Ianwood's v4.0 profile.
...and the gimbal control alone is worth the upgrade.

Sorry I was not more descriptive. I have never observed any twitching in the normal operation of the gimbal. The problem for me is how servo-like it moves. If possible, I'd like it slower with a slower ramp. I use the T8J - do you think I can control it in the Futaba?

Diesel31 said:
Got it. The two previous responders were talking about tilt angle on the Phantom and you hadn't mentioned anything about the gimbal until now. I know on the recent firmware updates, you can slow down the movement of the gimbal to make it less twitchy and more smooth. I honestly don't know with 2.00 since I use a Futaba T8FG and Ianwood's v4.0 profile.

adanac said:
Sorry I was not more descriptive. I have never observed any twitching in the normal operation of the gimbal. The problem for me is how servo-like it moves. If possible, I'd like it slower with a slower ramp. I use the T8J - do you think I can control it in the Futaba?

Diesel31 said:

Maybe. I know it's a lot to sift through, but I thought I saw in Ianwood's Futaba thread users upload his profile on a T8J. If not, I'm pretty sure there were other users making changes. You might be able to see what they did and translate that to your T8J. I hope you can get it done cause it produces some really cool footage. I have a shot of one of my riders hitting this drop off. I have my Phantom above him and as he hits the drop off, the camera slowly tilts to follow him. This was all done at the flip of a switch. Super smooth, no way a human could have tilted it as smoothly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20