Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I'm on board!

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by JRock, Jan 30, 2014.

1. JRock

Posted this on the Phantom 2 board, then realized it might be more appropriate here...

I do some videography work and wanted to explore the capabilities of the Phantom. Wow! I love this piece of equipment and am still learning a ton. I wanted to speak to the newbs like myself who are apprehensive about making the jump. Do it and don't look back. This is my third flight having previously never flown a piece of RC equipment. I appreciate any feedback/comments/tips/suggestions and look forward to learning from the expertise on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmikP-xtDvI

2. amrflyingdude

I think is an awesome video! Very smooth and balanced, well done!

3. Klaus

Yeah great and well done video.
    The footage of the kids on the sled, the close ups, are they taken handheld or from the Phantom?

4. JRock

Thank you, armflyingdude and Klaus.

Yes, the 2 street level close-ups were handheld. All others were with the P2.

5. Fair Game

Your footage shows that first and foremost you think like a photographer/filmaker… You had an idea of the shots that you wanted in your head and then used the phantom to achieve them. There are more than a few videos doing the rounds that have no real purpose. They don't entertain or inform and very often never get watched to the end.

On a technical apect the auto exposure has has been fooled by the snow and exposed it as mid-tone grey at around 60% so you could afford to push it, in post production, back to where it belongs (in the 90% band) and get a much more vidid picture with a nice bit of pop without losing detail.

This however is a great example of why you should frame the shot correctly then not move the camera at al for at least ten seconds before thinking about the next shot - And of course losing the wobbly stuff between the two.

Looking forward to your next offering.

6. JRock

Fair Game, thank you for the kind words and the suggestions. I did not want to color correct in this edit to see what results I get out of the camera. I agree 100% there are options there to make it pop. Can't wait to get some more edits together of great subjects. I look forward to seeing everyone else's efforts too.