I'm not liking Vision props on my FC40 for video :(

Reaction score
It's simply an opinion, but I just dont like the props for shooting video.
The props definitely make the phantom a bit more jittery. You can tell simply by watching it hover and adjust for the wind. It looks very sharp when doing so.

I'm running an FC40 with a walkera gimbal and go pro and no matter what gains I set, it always seems there is some sort of very slight vibration or shaky effect. It's so slight that it kind of looks like a light blur when you focus on a still object.

But when I put on the stock props with stock gains, I immediately feel that there is a difference..

I just did 7 tests this morning. It was nice and quiet out and had the park to myself, so I brought my laptop and adjusted the gains on the fly, making a minute and a half video for each.

For each flight, I set the gains in this order:
Pitch
Roll
Yaw
Vertical

flight 1:

Flight 2:

Flight 3:

Flight 4: (now i started going down by 10%)

Flight 5:

Flight 6:

Flight 7:

Stock props and stock gains

As you can see, i stopped adjusting vertical halfway through because I didn't see any issue with it. But I don't see the gains really changing any results when I look at them in a video. I also found one video on YouTube pretty much stating similar results in a prop test.

What do you guys think? Have you used them specifically for video? Or just for distance and increased flight time?

I put the vision props on, handed the controller to my dad, he got the FC40 in the air and flew right into the house. I took the vision props off, and chucked them in the junk box.

I never got to video, sorry.

CarlJ said:
I put the vision props on, handed the controller to my dad, he got the FC40 in the air and flew right into the house. I took the vision props off, and chucked them in the junk box.

I never got to video, sorry.

lol

not too sure it was the fault of the props on that one ;)

Oddly my dji vision props made the video better on my 1.1.1.

I have heard many say the vision props make it more jittery.

Were they dji vision props or another manufacturer?

kydan said:
Oddly my dji vision props made the video better on my 1.1.1.

I have heard many say the vision props make it more jittery.

Were they dji vision props or another manufacturer?

official props

They have pretty blue stripes on them too lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav