Im in a Jam- Please help.

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive only had my phantom for a couple weeks now and only flew it 3 times with no problem.
The last time i flew it i had mounted prop guards and flew it but when i landed i chipped/broke some propellers.
Today i was going outside excited to do some air photography at my local park but when i started and connected everything up only 1 propeller was working the other were jamming.
I came home disappointed trying to find how to fix my problem.
Last time i flew it even as the propellers chipped all 4 propellers were still working properly.( spinning fully without jamming)
I found a similar person who had a problem and i read it possibly had to do with the prop guards and the longer/shorter screws.
I ended up changing the screws back to factory.
When i did that one of the propellers that wasnt working started working, so i had 2 front propellers working but the 2 in the back were still jamming. i tried messing around with the screws but with no luck to get them to work.
I also did a compass calibration but that did not work.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank You.

PhantomTommy said:
Hey guys, ive only had my phantom for a couple weeks now and only flew it 3 times with no problem.
The last time i flew it i had mounted prop guards and flew it but when i landed i chipped/broke some propellers.
Today i was going outside excited to do some air photography at my local park but when i started and connected everything up only 1 propeller was working the other were jamming.
I came home disappointed trying to find how to fix my problem.
Last time i flew it even as the propellers chipped all 4 propellers were still working properly.( spinning fully without jamming)
I found a similar person who had a problem and i read it possibly had to do with the prop guards and the longer/shorter screws.
I ended up changing the screws back to factory.
When i did that one of the propellers that wasnt working started working, so i had 2 front propellers working but the 2 in the back were still jamming. i tried messing around with the screws but with no luck to get them to work.
I also did a compass calibration but that did not work.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank You.

Oh dear sounds like you have found the cause of the problem already (screws too long) only option is replace the motors as far as I know.

Madwak said:
Oh dear sounds like you have found the cause of the problem already (screws too long) only option is replace the motors as far as I know.
I was thinking of buying T-Motor Anti-Gravity MN-2214, i would have to replace all 4.
Is there a way of testing out the motors so i know they really do not work.
What would make them stop working, is there a way of taking the motor apart and fixing it. I dont understand the cause.
Id really like to not have to spend another 200 dollars just on motors and me only flying 3 times.

PhantomTommy said:
Madwak said:
I was thinking of buying T-Motor Anti-Gravity MN-2214, i would have to replace all 4.
Is there a way of testing out the motors so i know they really do not work.
What would make them stop working, is there a way of taking the motor apart and fixing it. I dont understand the cause.
Id really like to not have to spend another 200 dollars just on motors and me only flying 3 times.

The original motors are not that expensive.
http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-vision- ... d5th8flsg7 :)
There is a chance that you have damaged all 4 and I certainly wouldn't risk just replacing 2 to save money cos if 1 jams in flight it will cost you a lot more than 120 bucks.

Madwak said:
There is a chance that you have damaged all 4 and I certainly wouldn't risk just replacing 2 to save money cos if 1 jams in flight it will cost you a lot more than 120 bucks.

Well for 120 i might as well spend 50 more and get something a little better.
Im going to have to build some landing gear since it is a big problem and i dont feel like buying more then one set of these motors.

Im going to call dji and see what they say and find out of there is a warranty on the factory motors.

PhantomTommy said:
Madwak said:

Well for 120 i might as well spend 50 more and get something a little better.
Im going to have to build some landing gear since it is a big problem and i dont feel like buying more then one set of these motors.

Im going to call dji and see what they say and find out of there is a warranty on the factory motors.

The motors won't be warrantied for "screw ups" forgive the pun, save you're time and bite the bullet. Lesson learned the hard way you won't be doing it again. Got to ask though how did you manage to damage the props when the prop guards were on?

Madwak said:
PhantomTommy said:
Madwak said:
The motors won't be warrantied for "screw ups" forgive the pun, save you're time and bite the bullet. Lesson learned the hard way you won't be doing it again. Got to ask though how did you manage to damage the props when the prop guards were on?

Might as well hangup the phone then, im 30 on the line and thats going to take like an hour to get in touch with them.
I was not satisfied with the prop guards in the first place.
When i first installed the prop guards the blades would be hitting the guards. I had to bend each guard a little downwards to prevent it from touching.
I was landing in the other side of the house guiding myself with the view from the camera app. The ground was rocky so the landing was bad. When it landed it tipped over and one of the guards was pushed enough upwards so the blade got jammed and could not spin untill i fixed the guard, and the other props well they had enough clearance to touch the gravel and caused it to chip.

Im going to have to learn to catch my dji in mid air.
im sacred of landing it, even if i build or buy some landing gear.
Im looking for some waterproof bodys.
http://www.aquacopters.com/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik