I'm honestly distraught and so ashamed of myself right now. I've never felt so embarrassed/ defeated

I know my suggestion may come too late. But if your drone does fall into water and if you can have it retrieved quick enough, try to keep it in a bag of rice for a day or two. Rice is a very good drying agent and tends to suck away all the water and moisture from electronic devices. In Asia we have rice box for storing rice. And if our mobile phones do get wet, we would throw them into the rice box and it is not unusual to find they will work again after a day or two.

Personally I would not tell my mum about it.

Omg read the effin thread. Rice has been mentioned like 30 times

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
What about rice. Will that work ya think?

Reactions: TWP723
I was just wondering if there was any advice on how to reduce the economic damage I've foolishly brought upon myself.

Did you purchase the quadcopter with a credit card? If so, check to see if your card offers "Purchase Protection." For example, American Express offers accidental damage insurance for the first 90 days after purchase of most items you buy with the card.

-- Roger

White rice is what I'd use. Uncle Ben's actually! :rolleyes:

Rice is NOT a good desiccant. It's just not. A fan is MUCH more effective.

If you want to use a desiccant, use a real one, like silica gel. (it's the stuff inside the little packets that come in medicine bottles and with electronics). It can found found in bulk for cheap at most any arts & crafts store, where people buy it for drying flowers.

Seriously, the rice myth had been debunked. Google it if you don't believe me.

Reactions: henick and TWP723
I like Rice Krispie treats

Did you purchase the quadcopter with a credit card? If so, check to see if your card offers "Purchase Protection." For example, American Express offers accidental damage insurance for the first 90 days after purchase of most items you buy with the card.

-- Roger
No I bought it through PayPal, sorry about the late reply I don't seem to be getting emails notifying me about new messages so I assumed this thread was dead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20