Im guilty... This is a confession post

Reaction score
Okay.. got my newegg refurbed. p3p today in the mail (I've had owned at least 4 of them in the past)..
Completed all updates and gave it a test run... afterwards when reviewing the video I couldn't help but notice it was shaky as heck and it was not "crystal clear"... Thoughts of immediately returning it were racing through my head.. Figured I would do a quick troubleshooting query right here on the forum.. The first two hits mentioned removing the foam backing before flight.. Well this bird I got today didn't come with the foam on it, Sooo I immediately ruled that out.. And was thinking to myself : "newbie doe doe's , how embarrassing" !! well I kept reading and stubbled across one suggestion to make sure the film was removed from camera... Well that explains my blurry video (i had forgotten to remove it) but I still had the problem of shaky shaky.. Well, when I went to remove the film I noticed that the Foam piece was in fact still there.. I had overlooked it.. !!
Gosh darn it ... 2 mistakes.. Now who is the "newbie doe doe" ?? That would in fact be me !!

Is it flying ok now?

Is it flying ok now?
Flying great ! Im getting slightly better distance and clarity than the p3p's i've had in the past..
Not sure if its the controller 300C (Ive always had B's in the past) or if it was just a super clear day here locally with coincidentally less interference..

Flying great ! Im getting slightly better distance and clarity than the p3p's i've had in the past..
Not sure if its the controller 300C (Ive always had B's in the past) or if it was just a super clear day here locally with coincidentally less interference..

here is my question what happened to video flite recordings?? i used to have over 20 mins. today i flew and had to short videos at 12 mins each.

here is my question what happened to video flite recordings?? i used to have over 20 mins. today i flew and had to short videos at 12 mins each.
That's 'normal' I'm afraid.... In case you don't know, there's plenty of information available here for finding questions that have already been asked by using the search facility. Are you filming at a higher resolution than previously? That will reach the 4GB limit faster.

So any way to prevent video file split at 4gb?

Go less resolution. Bring it down to 30 or 24 FPS. You will most likely get flight files within 1 file produced. Average data is 4 GB. 12 minutes or less.

Go less resolution. Bring it down to 30 or 24 FPS. You will most likely get flight files within 1 file produced. Average data is 4 GB. 12 minutes or less.
ok thank you will try that i did not know that it worked that way was shooting today in 2.7k at 60 fps.

ok thank you will try that i did not know that it worked that way was shooting today in 2.7k at 60 fps.
How many files were produced with that setting?

i had 3 files 2 of them where 12.30 mins and last one 8 seconds.i dont like 2.7k for long distance flites or fast flite its blurry so i dont use it much..i am always on 1080 24 or 30fps.i dont know photography very well i am into long distance flying most times and now learning a little more about photography:)

i had 3 files 2 of them where 12.30 mins and last one 8 seconds.i dont like 2.7k for long distance flites or fast flite its blurry so i dont use it much..i am always on 1080 24 or 30fps.i dont know photography very well i am into long distance flying most times and now learning a little more about photography:)
Stick to 1080p at 24fps to stay under the 12 minute mark for one file.
Otherwise, you go high res and deal with many files with better quality.
That's ok as long as you are a good editor and can deal with a multiple file workflow.

Stick to 1080p at 24fps to stay under the 12 minute mark for one file.
Otherwise, you go high res and deal with many files with better quality.
That's ok as long as you are a good editor and can deal with a multiple file workflow.
hahahaha i am not good at that yet either its a whole new world to me :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20