Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I'm bummed !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hdrider, Aug 26, 2014.

1. hdrider

I received my new Phantom and GPro 3 a few days ago. I have taken it to a local football field over 3 days and flown through 8 batteries practicing and taking some very boring footage all the time.
    Today I figured I would take it along the river and get some shots. I hit 4 different areas along the river and flew long enough between them to expend 2 batteries (that's all I have) and headed home to see what I had captured.
    Once home and in front of the computer I realized that every video was 4 seconds long :oops:
    I took the camera off and messed with it for a while still getting the same results. While sitting on hold with GoPro I kept messing with it until I finally changed the setting away from Protune and it started working as it should. Of course I was on hold with GoPro for 20 min. and just as I figured it out a rep picked up the line as I was about to hang up. Geezzzzz.
    Oh well, I spent a couple nice hours along the river I guess, just no proof LOL!!!.

2. N017RW

And obtained experience along the way. ;)

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Get a better memory card. The Gopro, especially the black, is fussy about what cards it likes. Try a SanDisk Extreme or a Lexar 633X both class 10 and both work well with all settings on the Gopro.

4. Camicus

Well most posts that start off like this end up with the bird being lost or damaged. So consider yourself lucky. haha :D

5. hdrider

Yep, the bright side is I flew through 2 more batteries with no mishaps. I overcame the jitters I had by flying in a new area for the first time (well maybe not totally), more experience under my belt and some great view even if I can't share them.
    Only one pucker moment when I lost orientation of the bird and I was headed towards a tree. I paniced for a second and then just let go of the controls until it settled in one spot and I could figure out just what I needed to do. Thinking back I should have gone up away from danger but in my mind at the moment up meant UP UP AND AWAAAAY LOL!!! I need to get passed that feeling and trust the bird.
    When I bought the memory card the salesman did say he was out of the better ones but I figured this one would be fine (guess again I guess). And I guess it gives me a good reason to head to the river again tomorrow!! See, there IS a bright side.

6. ProfessorStein

Just think of it as an opportunity to go back out some other day and get even better footage now that you've practiced flying! ;)

7. Buckaye

yeah... that sucks... but I thought you were going to say you plopped it in the water... so in my head this is a VICTORY!

8. brad90631

Make sure the firm ware in your gopro is up to date.

9. skyeye_rogelio

There are much worse things...glad your bid is ok and lives to fly another day...good luck!!