I'M BACK IN THE AIR!!!

itchybeard said:
DavesMotorCity said:
What? I already shelled out for 2 phantoms, and I lost everything. I had to resort to seeking the box and charger for a few bucks. I lost $2500!!!!!!!! I'm trying to help no one else lose $2500!!!!!!!

Pah!

It's only a few lousy bucks. What are you moaning about? Don't be so stingy, get your wallet out and buy another one (go on, you know you want to).
I'll never buy another Phantom. Too many defects. Too many flyaway aways occurring every single day. If you read these posts, you realize everyone loses everything eventually. They crash or flyaway. It's going to happen to everyone on here you have to get rid of it before you lose thousands and thousands of dollars .

DavesMotorCity said:
What? I already shelled out for 2 phantoms, and I lost everything. I had to resort to selling the box and charger for a few bucks. I lost $2500!!!!!!!! I'm trying to help no one else lose $2500!!!!!!!

Bah. $2500. Quit your crying. Your 2nd kidney is like an appendix - utterly useless. Just head on down to any decent black market clinic and you will be back up and flying in no time with all that back in the bank and a shiny new drone to boot.

DavesMotorCity said:
If you read these posts, you realize everyone loses everything eventually. They crash or flyaway. It's going to happen to everyone on here you have to get rid of it before you lose thousands and thousands of dollars .

If you read the paper, you will discover we all die eventually too. So what's the point? So you want to ban life to spare us from the sadness of death? You lost your birds so why are you still here? Take your trolling elsewhere... :roll:

I lost everything I have invested in The DJI piece of Chinese crap Vision. I make
$14 an hour working as a mover. I literally broke my back to earn that $2500 now I'm out after a flyaway? I did nothing wrong, and I watched my bird slowly flyaway from me. It's the worst feeling you could ever have. Please I beg you all to sell this defective bird and get out while you can now, or suffer my fate and lose all the money you invested, in a heartbeat.

You paid 2500 bucks for a Phantom?

Sheesh, they must have seen you coming, dude; you can buy one for 1160 bucks. So get out there and buy one now, don't be a tightwad. Just think of all the fun you can have crashing it into a tree. Everyone should have a hobby.

DavesMotorCity said:
I lost everything I have invested in The DJI piece of Chinese crap Vision. I make
$14 an hour working as a mover. I literally broke my back to earn that $2500 now I'm out after a flyaway? I did nothing wrong, and I watched my bird slowly flyaway from me. It's the worst feeling you could ever have. Please I beg you all to sell this defective bird and get out while you can now, or suffer my fate and lose all the money you invested, in a heartbeat.

Really no fault of your own ? ... hmm at least I take ownership in my prang ... A mate got me interested in this product (he prangs one a week and is a real Helo Pilot) and its been a thrill for certain, yup felt bad but no use crying over split milk as they say.

Have you thought of a Kite ... there is a string hence no flyaways and much less expensive.. just saying.

itchybeard said:
You paid 2500 bucks for a Phantom?

Sheesh, they must have seen you coming, dude; you can buy one for 1160 bucks. So get out there and buy one now, don't be a tightwad. Just think of all the fun you can have crashing it into a tree. Everyone should have a hobby.
You're right Itchybeard, DavesMotorCity's hobby is trolling a thread unrelated to anything he's experienced. Not everyone can read the manual and learn about their equipment before they cry foul and blame their ignorance on the equipment or the way things "should" work. :roll:
What do you want us to do, poor DavesMotorCity, shall we take up a collection? Maybe a grant or government bailout? :lol:

Since this thread is about Vagabondvisions getting back in the air, We should stick to that. :D

DavesMotorCity said:

I'm sorry for your loss but you appear to have bought into a thing you couldn't afford to keep up with. For the time being, I can afford it. I'm cool with it.

DavesMotorCity said:

I have experienced a flyaway and have felt that pain. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any crashes (yet). When my bird was told to return to home, I don't think it knew where home was and sped off in the wrong direction. I would have given Usain Bolt some competition running the 200m after it.

Had you tried the foil fix for the satellite reception ?

It really has been a game changer for me. My confidence, which was very low after the flyaway, has been substantially restored. It's still building, I would urge you to try again when funds allow.

I think it's unfair to call you a troll. You're just trying to warn others so they're not in your position. But, rather than give up on it, try again with the foil fix in place (assuming you hadn't tried that) (when funds allow of course)

Hth

dp

DavesMotorCity said:
$14 an hour working as a mover. I literally broke my back to earn that $2500 now I'm out after a flyaway?

Who is to blame should you choose to purchase a 1990 Romanee-Conti and the bottle rolls off the table and smashes on the cave floor?

DavesMotorCity said:
What? I already shelled out for 2 phantoms, and I lost everything. I had to resort to selling the box and charger for a few bucks. I lost $2500!!!!!!!! I'm trying to help no one else lose $2500!!!!!!!

To late,
I lost more ! ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geert said:
Guys, please back to the topic here.

Yesterday I warned DavesMotorCity on this thread, now I banned him.

Geert./.

OK, Geert back to business :D

Geert said:
Guys, please back to the topic here.

Yesterday I warned DavesMotorCity on this thread, now I banned him.

Geert./.

Sorry for feeding the troll, Geert, but I couldn't resist a bit of humor to lighten up his fear-mongering posts :D

Back on topic works for me.

after reading the thread and boy can i feel your pain i just want to say that the op seems like the perfect pilot and phantom owner. you have a great way of looking at issues and you have the talent to fix things. I was hoping to hear whät the end result was ẃith the camera and gimbal. i have had a little luck with those fragile devices and wondered were yours was at.

Wedeliver said:
after reading the thread and boy can i feel your pain i just want to say that the op seems like the perfect pilot and phantom owner. you have a great way of looking at issues and you have the talent to fix things. I was hoping to hear whät the end result was ẃith the camera and gimbal. i have had a little luck with those fragile devices and wondered were yours was at.

The camera was ripped off from the gimbal during the crash, but only insofar as the cables from Phantom came unplugged from the camera unit itself; the plastic holding pins and the rubber dampeners were destroyed, mostly. I had spare dampeners on hand but had to use zip ties until I could track down and order some more of the plastic holding pins (those arrived yesterday, as it happens). The cables were fairly simple to plug back in and one of the very first things I tested was the camera operation once I got the vehicle operational again. So far, so good. I shot almost 10 gigs of video yesterday and had fantastic results (which I hope to share today sometime). Thanks for your encouragement!

vagabondvisions said:
Wedeliver said:

The camera was ripped off from the gimbal during the crash, but only insofar as the cables from Phantom came unplugged from the camera unit itself; the plastic holding pins and the rubber dampeners were destroyed, mostly. I had spare dampeners on hand but had to use zip ties until I could track down and order some more of the plastic holding pins (those arrived yesterday, as it happens). The cables were fairly simple to plug back in and one of the very first things I tested was the camera operation once I got the vehicle operational again. So far, so good. I shot almost 10 gigs of video yesterday and had fantastic results (which I hope to share today sometime). Thanks for your encouragement!

you might consider a camera guard. and other then looks,zipties are much better then that cxxp from dji. I don't like them pins personally. dumb enginering,but the whole system is way to fragile to use in this manner. i expect a stronger ßystem soon

Wedeliver said:
you might consider a camera guard. and other then looks,zipties are much better then that cxxp from dji. I don't like them pins personally. dumb enginering,but the whole system is way to fragile to use in this manner. i expect a stronger ßystem soon

I'm unfamiliar with the "camera guard". Could you elaborate?

As for the zip ties, I have to say I agree in that they feel stronger than the pins. I just finished installing the pins I received yesterday. They appear to be after-market and not made by DJI (though still came from China so who knows) and maybe a bit stronger than the originals. I'll evaluate how they perform the next time I have an accident. I have both zip ties and spare spins in my crash kit now.

*EDIT* I think I found the camera guard you are talking about. Is this it, or similar?

Yes, Vagabondvisions, there is also a laser cut plastic one, but the carbon fiber one is really nice. On my bird I trimmed the little bump on the landing gear spread the legs a bit, and the guard clips right in the groove. Small tywraps are included. I made a small soft foam pad to support the camera in transport between the guard and the gimbal clip. The various cut outs on the guard are nice if you want to attach a locator or booster amp.
Looking forward to your continued success.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie