Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Im back for another go

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by jasonb777, Dec 27, 2014.

1. jasonb777

Been a while since I have posted on this forum due to the unfortunate mistake I made this past summer of flying too low over the ocean and submarining to Davey jones locker :oops: But I have been lurking around the forum ever so often. I just bought the v.30, it should be arriving this coming week and my question is is there anything I need to know from the v3.0 users that's different or is setting up the bird for flight the same as the last version? Any help would be great! :D

2. eyecon82

Welcome back. What bird did you have before? What happened with the ocean?

V3 Is a good bird

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

4. rbhamilton

You know what they say about people who keep doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes... :)

Welcome back.

5. jasonb777

I had a phantom vision plus before. Long story short this past september I was flying out around the marshland and the ocean south of the outerbanks in NC and I was using my ipad mini and flying about 15 to 20 foot above the ocean and I was heading out to a commercial fishing boat moving at about 30 to 35mph in atti. mode and instead of watching the bird I was flying strictly FPV getting some fast action footage, well anyway in atti. mode you lose a couple feet vertically every 50 feet you fly horizontally and the wifi froze up for about 3 or 4 seconds just long enough to descend into the face of a wave. My foolish cocky agressive flying has been the destruction of many 6 channel walkera helis and quads :D But thats what I consider having fun, I like the barrel roles, flips, crashes, fires and explosions :lol: Just kidding. Well anyway I knew better before but should of listened to my conscience about flying so low too fast. This bird has not been modded yet, I have the stage two kit and want to go to stage four but not until I deal with this insufficient wire issue on the new V3s. And yes I have been following the V3 threads and contributing a little here and there...