im a huge fan of...

Just tell them you got it at a military surplus auction and your really not sure what it is or what it can do, but not to worry as your pretty sure it's not armed. :lol:

PetePerrim said:
One that I seem to get is comments from people about how good they'd be for spying on people. I explain that they would only be any good for spying on deaf people, Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The other thing to do is just make **** up to confuse people. Start by telling them the Phantom can fly to a range of 150 miles on one tank of gas, they come from factory as a .22 but can be upgraded to 9mm and they can intercept mobile phone calls and they can fly under water.

That will make your next conversation with a bystander slightly more interesting, I promise.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ill try that tomorrow.

ProfessorStein said:
I know these are all in fun... but I'm starting to feel like I'm the only Phantom pilot that LIKES to talk to spectators and answer their questions. Lol

I generally enjoy talking to people, but there are occasions when you just want to be left alone to concentrate on what you're doing, especially if you're doing a tricky manoeuvre like trying to fly around something while keeping the camera aimed at it.

I was flying in my local park the other day using, as I always do, my FPV monitor on a camera tripod, when some bratty kid about 6 years old switched my monitor off :(. I expressed my displeasure at this to his mother, who seemed to think he was just being adorable... The perils of public flying!

ProfessorStein said:
I know these are all in fun... but I'm starting to feel like I'm the only Phantom pilot that LIKES to talk to spectators and answer their questions. Lol

i like to speak and answer questions to spectators, also i found very funny the stories they make up.

i have a new one.

i was flying in a park today when a 5/6 years old kid approaches to me and kindly asked me if i can let him fly the quad, when i said no he asked why and i sayed because its not a toy for kids. he stared at and me and very seriously replied:

well sir, im old enough to fly a quad, actually im very good flying them, i have a lot of experience, in fact the other day i landed mine on top of my dog... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj