Illinois drone task force

Just like any other industry. I'm a retired cop and licensed pilot. If we don't regulate ourselves someone will do it for us. We can sit and whine about big bad government or we can self-police by counseling fellow UAV flyers when they do stupid stuff. And turning their butts in when they persist.

I know my view is not popular but it is necessary.

.......... I know my view is not popular but it is necessary.
It's not that it's not popular, it's that it's just not realistic. There is no way self-policing is going to happen. Just read the forums here!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

It's not that it's not popular, it's that it's just not realistic. There is no way self-policing is going to happen. Just read the forums here!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
If we all stick our heads in the sand you are correct, self policing will fail.

ps- General Aviation is highly controlled, but still relies on pilots to report problem flyers.

Just another state wanting to control what can occupy air space or how that air space can be used.
They have no legal authority over air space.
This story to me sounds like it was a bored journalist with nothing better to write about.

No amount of self-policing will temper the appetite of politicians for more authority.

Reactions: 750r
No amount of self-policing will temper the appetite of politicians for more authority.
Ya hit the nail on the head buddy :D

This is really very, VERY concerning and disturbing and especially so considering I live in Illinois! If laws are going to be made and enacted, so be it..... I get it and understand BUT all sides need to have a say AND voice! If for no other reason than for oversight.
Not that it will do any good but I'll be writing Senator Durbin this evening. Not that we're "friends" or anything but through my previous work I have met and discussed issues with him in the past.

BOT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj